LTC4358 - 5A Ideal Diode
- Replaces a Power Schottky Diode
- Internal 20mΩ N-Channel MOSFET
- 0.5μs Turn-Off Time Limits Peak Fault Current
- Operating Voltage Range: 9V to 26.5V
- Smooth Switchover without Oscillation
- No Reverse DC Current
- Available in 14-Pin (4mm × 3mm) DFN and 16-Lead TSSOP Packages
DescriptionThe LTC4358 is a 5A ideal diode that uses an internal 20mΩ N-channel MOSFET to replace a Schottky diode when used in diode-OR and high current diode applications. The LTC4358 reduces power consumption, heat dissipation, and PC board area.
The LTC4358 easily ORs power supplies together to increase total system reliability. In diode-OR applications, the LTC4358 regulates the forward voltage drop across the internal MOSFET to ensure smooth current transfer from one path to the other without oscillation. If the power source fails or is shorted, a fast turnoff minimizes reverse current transients.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1204A||LTC4358 Positive High Voltage Ideal Diode Controll||$50.00|
- N+1 Redundant Power Supplies
- High Availability Systems
- Telecom Infrastructure
- Automotive Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4357 - Positive High Voltage Ideal Diode Controller
- LTC4415 - Dual 4A Ideal Diodes with Adjustable Current Limit
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC4355 - Positive High Voltage Ideal Diode-OR with Input Supply and Fuse Monitors
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC4411 - 2.6A Low Loss Ideal Diode in ThinSOT
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV