LTC4355 - Positive High Voltage Ideal Diode-OR with Input Supply and Fuse Monitors
- Replaces Power Schottky Diodes
- Controls N-Channel MOSFETs
- 0.3μs Turn-Off Time Limits Peak Fault Current
- Wide Operating Voltage Range: 9V to 80V
- Smooth Switchover without Oscillation
- No Reverse DC Current
- Monitors VIN, Fuse, and MOSFET Diode
- Available in 14-Lead (4mm × 3mm) DFN, 16-Lead MS and SO Packages
The LTC4355 is a positive voltage ideal diode-OR controller that drives two external N-channel MOSFETs. Forming the diode-OR with N-channel MOSFETs instead of Schottky diodes reduces power consumption, heat dissipation and PC board area.
With the LTC4355, power sources can easily be ORed together to increase total system reliability. The LTC4355 can diode-OR two positive supplies or the return paths of two negative supplies, such as in a –48V system.
In the forward direction the LTC4355 controls the voltage drop across the MOSFET to ensure smooth current transfer from one path to the other without oscillation. If a power source fails or is shorted, fast turnoff minimizes reverse current transients.
Power fault detection indicates if the input supplies are not in regulation, the inline fuses are blown, or the voltages across the MOSFETs are greater than the fault threshold.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1066A||LTC4355 Demoboard: Positive High Voltage Ideal Diode-OR||$50.00|
- High Availability Systems
- AdvancedTCA® (ATCA) Systems
- +48V and –48V Distributed Power Systems
- Telecom Infrastructure
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4357 - Positive High Voltage Ideal Diode Controller
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC4415 - Dual 4A Ideal Diodes with Adjustable Current Limit
- LTC4358 - 5A Ideal Diode
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LT4356-1 and -2 - Surge Stopper
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV