LTC4314 - Pin-Selectable, 4-Channel, 2-Wire Multiplexer with Bus Buffers
- 1:4 Multiplexer/Switch for 2-Wire Bus
- Bidirectional Buffer for SDA and SCL Lines
- High Noise Margin with VIL = 0.3•VCC
- ENABLE Pins Connect SDA and SCL Lines
- Selectable Rise Time Accelerator Current and Activation Voltage
- Level Shift 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V and 5V Busses
- Prevents SDA and SCL Corruption During Live Board Insertion and Removal from Backplane
- Stuck Bus Disconnect and Recovery
- Compatible with I2C, I2C Fast Mode and SMBus
- ±4kV Human Body Model (HBM) ESD Ruggedness
- 20-Lead SSOP and 3mm × 4mm QFN Packages
The LTC4314 is a hot-swappable 4-channel 2-wire bus multiplexer that allows one upstream bus to connect to any combination of downstream busses or channels. An individual enable pin controls each connection. The LTC4314 provides bidirectional buffering, keeping the upstream bus capacitance isolated from the downstream bus capacitances. The high noise margin allows the LTC4314 to be interoperable with I2C devices that drive a high VOL (> 0.4V). The LTC4314 supports level translation between 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V and 5V busses. The hot-swappable nature of the LTC4314 allows I/O card insertion into, and removal from, a live backplane without corruption of the data and clock busses.
If both data and clock are not simultaneously high at least once in 45ms and DISCEN is high, a FAULT signal is generated indicating a stuck bus low condition, the input is disconnected from all enabled output channels, and up to 16 clocks are generated on the enabled downstream busses. A three state ACC pin enables input and output side rise time accelerators of varying strengths and sets the VIL,RISING voltage.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Telecommunications Systems Including ATCA
- Address Expansion
- Level Translator
- Capacitance Buffers/Bus Extender
- Live Board Insertion
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4315 - 2-Wire Bus Buffer with High Noise Margin
- LTC4313 - 2-Wire Bus Buffers with High Noise Margin
- LTC4312 - Pin-Selectable, 2-Channel, 2-Wire Multiplexer with Bus Buffers
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTM2883 - SPI/Digital or I2C μModule Isolator with Adjustable ±12.5V and 5V Regulated Power
- LTC4310 - Hot-Swappable I2C Isolators
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LTC2991 - Octal I2C Voltage, Current, and Temperature Monitor
- LTM2881 - Complete Isolated RS485/RS422 μModule Transceiver + Power
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: