LTC4314 - Pin-Selectable, 4-Channel, 2-Wire Multiplexer with Bus Buffers
- 1:4 Multiplexer/Switch for 2-Wire Bus
- Bidirectional Buffer for SDA and SCL Lines
- High Noise Margin with VIL = 0.3•VCC
- ENABLE Pins Connect SDA and SCL Lines
- Selectable Rise Time Accelerator Current and Activation Voltage
- Level Shift 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V and 5V Busses
- Prevents SDA and SCL Corruption During Live Board Insertion and Removal from Backplane
- Stuck Bus Disconnect and Recovery
- Compatible with I2C, I2C Fast Mode and SMBus
- ±4kV Human Body Model (HBM) ESD Ruggedness
- 20-Lead SSOP and 3mm × 4mm QFN Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC4314 is a hot-swappable 4-channel 2-wire bus multiplexer that allows one upstream bus to connect to any combination of downstream busses or channels. An individual enable pin controls each connection. The LTC4314 provides bidirectional buffering, keeping the upstream bus capacitance isolated from the downstream bus capacitances. The high noise margin allows the LTC4314 to be interoperable with I2C devices that drive a high VOL (> 0.4V). The LTC4314 supports level translation between 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V and 5V busses. The hot-swappable nature of the LTC4314 allows I/O card insertion into, and removal from, a live backplane without corruption of the data and clock busses.
If both data and clock are not simultaneously high at least once in 45ms and DISCEN is high, a FAULT signal is generated indicating a stuck bus low condition, the input is disconnected from all enabled output channels, and up to 16 clocks are generated on the enabled downstream busses. A three state ACC pin enables input and output side rise time accelerators of varying strengths and sets the VIL,RISING voltage.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Telecommunications Systems Including ATCA
- Address Expansion
- Level Translator
- Capacitance Buffers/Bus Extender
- Live Board Insertion
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4313 - 2-Wire Bus Buffers with High Noise Margin
- LTC4315 - 2-Wire Bus Buffer with High Noise Margin
- LTC4312 - Pin-Selectable, 2-Channel, 2-Wire Multiplexer with Bus Buffers
- LTC4310 - Hot-Swappable I2C Isolators
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTM2883 - SPI/Digital or I2C μModule Isolator with Adjustable ±12.5V and 5V Regulated Power
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LTC4306 - 4-Channel, 2-Wire Bus Multiplexer with Capacitance Buffering
- LTC2991 - Octal I2C Voltage, Current, and Temperature Monitor
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!