LTC4313 - 2-Wire Bus Buffers with High Noise Margin
- Bidirectional Buffer Increases Fanout
- High Noise Margin with VIL = 0.3•VCC
- Compatible with Non-Compliant I2C Devices That Drive a High VOL
- Strong (LTC4313-1) and 2.5mA (LTC4313-2) Rise Time Accelerator Current
- Level Shift 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V and 5V Busses
- Prevents SDA and SCL Corruption During Live Board Insertion and Removal from Backplane
- Stuck Bus Disconnect and Recovery
- Compatible with I2C, I2C Fast Mode and SMBus
- ±4kV Human Body Model ESD Ruggedness
- High Impedance SDA, SCL Pins When Unpowered
- 8-Lead MSOP and 8-Lead (3mm × 3mm) DFN Packages
The LTC®4313 is a hot swappable 2-wire bus buffer that provides bidirectional buffering while maintaining a low offset voltage and high noise margin up to 0.3 • VCC. The high noise margin allows the LTC4313 to be interoperable with devices that drive a high VOL (>0.4V) and allows multiple LTC4313s to be cascaded. The LTC4313-1 and LTC4313-2 support level translation between 3.3V and 5V busses. In addition to these voltages, the LTC4313-3 also supports level translation to 1.5V, 1.8V and 2.5V.
During insertion, the SDA and SCL lines are pre-charged to 1V to minimize bus disturbances. Connection is established between the input and output after ENABLE is asserted high and a stop bit or bus idle condition has been detected on the SDA and SCL pins.
If both data and clock are not simultaneously high at least once in 45ms, the input is disconnected from the output. Up to 16 clock pulses are subsequently generated to free the stuck bus. Rise time accelerators (RTAs) provide pull-up currents on SDA and SCL rising edges to meet rise time specifications in heavily loaded systems. The RTAs are configured as slew limited switches in the LTC4313-1 and 2.5mA current sources in the LTC4313-2. The LTC4313-3 does not have RTAs.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Capacitance Buffers/Bus Extender
- Live Board Insertion
- Telecommunications Systems Including ATCA
- Level Translation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4315 - 2-Wire Bus Buffer with High Noise Margin
- LTC4310 - Hot-Swappable I2C Isolators
- LTC4314 - Pin-Selectable, 4-Channel, 2-Wire Multiplexer with Bus Buffers
- LTC4311 - Low Voltage I2C/SMBus Accelerator
- LTM2883 - SPI/Digital or I2C μModule Isolator with Adjustable ±12.5V and 5V Regulated Power
- LTC2945 - Wide Range I2C Power Monitor
- LTC2991 - Octal I2C Voltage, Current, and Temperature Monitor
- LTC4312 - Pin-Selectable, 2-Channel, 2-Wire Multiplexer with Bus Buffers
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.