LTC4311 - Low Voltage I2C/SMBus Accelerator
- Improves I2C Bus Rise Time Transition
- Ensures Data Integrity with Multiple Devices on the I2C Bus.
- Wide Supply Voltage Range: 1.6V to 5.5V
- Improves Low State Noise Margin
- Up to 400kHz Operation
- Auto Detect Low Power Standby Mode
- Low (<5μA) Supply Current Shutdown
- Does Not Load Bus When Disabled or Powered Down
- Strong Slew Limited Pull-up Current
- ±8kV Human Body Model ESD Ruggedness
- 2mm x 2mm DFN and SC70 Packages
DescriptionThe LTC4311 is a dual I2C active pull-up designed to enhance data transmission speed and reliability for bus loading conditions well beyond the 400pF I2C specification limit. The LTC4311 operates at supply voltages from 1.6V to 5.5V and is also compatible with SMBus.
The LTC4311 allows multiple device connections or a longer, more capacitive interconnect, without compromising slew rates or bus performance, by using two slew limited pull-up currents.
During positive bus transitions, the LTC4311 provides slew limited pull-up currents to quickly slew the I2C or SMBus lines to the bus pull-up voltage. During negative transitions or steady DC levels, the currents are disabled to improve negative slew rate, and improve low state noise margins. An auto detect standby mode reduces supply current if both SCL and SDA are high. When disabled, the LTC4311 goes into low (<5μA) current shutdown.
The LTC4311 is available in the 2mm x 2mm x 0.75mm DFN, and SC70 packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Notebook and Palmtop Computers
- Portable Instruments
- Battery Chargers
- Industrial Controls
- TV/Video Products
- ACPI SMBus Interface
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4310 - Hot-Swappable I2C Isolators
- LTC4315 - 2-Wire Bus Buffer with High Noise Margin
- LTC4313 - 2-Wire Bus Buffers with High Noise Margin
- LTC2991 - Octal I2C Voltage, Current, and Temperature Monitor
- LTM2883 - SPI/Digital or I2C μModule Isolator with Adjustable ±12.5V and 5V Regulated Power
- LT3092 - 200mA 2-Terminal Programmable Current Source
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
- LTC2955 - Pushbutton On/Off Controller with Automatic Turn-On
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LTC2945 - Wide Range I2C Power Monitor
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.