LTC4280 - Hot Swap Controller with I2C Compatible Monitoring
- Allows Safe Insertion into Live Backplane
- 8-Bit ADC Monitors Current and Voltage
- I2C/SMBus Interface
- Wide Operating Voltage Range: 2.9V to 15V
- Adjustable Overcurrent Filter Time
- High Side Drive for External N-Channel MOSFET
- No External Gate Capacitor Required
- Input Overvoltage/Undervoltage Protection
- Optional Latchoff or Auto-Retry After Faults
- Alerts Host After Faults
- Inrush Current Limit with Foldback
- Available in 24-Pin 4mm x 5mm QFN Package
DescriptionThe LTC4280 Hot Swap controller allows a board to be safely inserted and removed from a live backplane. Using an external N-channel pass transistor, board supply voltage and inrush current are ramped up at an adjustable rate. An I2C interface and onboard ADC allow for monitoring of load current, voltage and fault status.
The device features adjustable analog foldback current limit and a FILTER pin which configures the time spent in overcurrent before declaring a fault. An I2C interface may configure the part to latch off or automatically restart after the LTC4280 detects a current limit fault.
The controller has additional features to interrupt the host when a fault has occurred, notify when output power is good, detect insertion of a load card, and power-up either automatically upon insertion or wait for an I2C command to turn on.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1704A||LTC4280 Hot Swap Contr. w/ADC and I2C, 3 GPIOs (req DC590)||$100.00|
|DC590B||USB Serial Controller for Linear Technology QuikEval Demo Boards||$50.00|
- Live Board Insertion
- Electronic Circuit Breakers
- Computers, Servers
- Platform Management
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT4356-1 and -2 - Surge Stopper
- LTC4365 - UV, OV and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LTC4227-1 and -2 - Dual Ideal Diode and Single Hot Swap Controller
- LTC2974 - 4-Channel PMBus Power System Manager Featuring Accurate Output Current Measurement
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC4366-1/LTC4366-2 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LTC2978 - Octal Digital Power Supply Manager with EEPROM
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.