LTC4279 - Single Port PoE/PoE+/ LTPoE++ PSE Controller
- Compliant with IEEE 802.3at Type 1 and 2
- Supports LTPoE++® Up to 90W
- Supports Dual-Signature PDs
- Fully Autonomous Operation without Microcontroller
- Very Low Power Dissipation
– 0.1Ω Sense Resistance
– Low RDS(ON) External MOSFET
- Very High Reliability 4-Point PD Detection
– 2-Point Forced Voltage and Forced Current
- Robust Short-Circuit Protection
- Cable Surge Protected ±80V OUT pin
- Classification Dependent ICUT and ILIM Current Thresholds
- Supports 2-Pair and 4-Pair Output Power
- UltraPWR Mode Supports Custom PDs up to 123W
- Pin-Selectable Detection Backoff Timer for Midspans
- Pin Programmable Legacy PD Detection
- Pin Programmable Maximum Power Mode
- Status LED Pin
- Available in 20-Pin QFN and 16-Pin SO Packages
The LTC®4279 is an autonomous single port power sourcing equipment (PSE) controller designed for use in IEEE 802.3at Type 1, Type 2 and LTPoE++ compliant Power over Ethernet (PoE) systems. The LTC4279 provides fully autonomous IEEE 802.3 and LTPoE++ compliant operation without a microcontroller. The LTC4279 simplifies PSE implementation, requiring only a single supply and a small number of passive support components.
The LTC4279 delivers lowest-in-industry heat dissipation by utilizing a low-RDS(ON) external MOSFET and a 0.1Ω sense resistor, eliminating the need for expensive heat sinks and increasing efficiency.
PD discovery uses a proprietary dual-mode 4-point detection mechanism ensuring excellent immunity from false PD detection. Midspan PSEs are supported with physical layer classification and a 2.5 second backoff timer.
Legacy and custom PDs are supported with pin-selectable LEGACY and UltraPWR modes. LEGACY mode detects and powers pre-IEEE specification PDs. UltraPWR mode aggressively turns on and powers custom PDs requiring high inrush and/or operational currents.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2541A||LTC4279 Demo Board | Single Port PoE/PoE+/LTPoE++ PSE Controller (Up to 123W)||$150.00|
- PoE PSE Endpoints (Switch/Router)
- PoE Midspan Power Injectors
- Power Forwarders
- Femto Cells
- Security Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT4275 - LTPoE++/PoE+/PoE PD Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT8390 - 60V Synchronous 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller with Spread Spectrum
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8608 - 42V, 1.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3748 - 100V Isolated Flyback Controller
- LT4276 - LTPoE++/PoE+/PoE PD Forward/Flyback Controller
- LTC2944 - 60V Battery Gas Gauge with Temperature, Voltage and Current Measurement
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!