LTC4266 - Quad IEEE 802.3at Power Over Ethernet Controller
- Four Independent PSE Channels
- Compliant with IEEE 802.3at Type 1 and 2
- 0.34Ω Total Channel Resistance
- 130mW/Port at 600mA
- Advanced Power Management
- 8-Bit Programmable Current Limit (ILIM)
- 7-Bit Programmable Overload Currents (ICUT)
- Fast Shutdown of Preselected Ports
- 14.5-Bit Port Current/Voltage Monitoring
- 2-Event Classification
- Very High Reliability 4-Point PD Detection
- 2-Point Forced Voltage
- 2-Point Forced Current
- High Capacitance Legacy Device Detection
- LTC4259A-1 and LTC4258 Pin and SW Compatible
- 1MHz I2C Compatible Serial Control Interface
- Midspan Backoff Timer
- Supports Proprietary Power Levels Above 25W
- Available in 38-Pin 5mm × 7mm QFN and 36-Pin SSOP Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC®4266 is a quad PSE controller designed for use in IEEE 802.3 Type 1 and Type 2 (high power) compliant Power over Ethernet systems. External power MOSFETs enhance system reliability and minimize channel resistance, cutting power dissipation and eliminating the need for heatsinks even at Type 2 power levels. External power components also allow use at very high power levels while remaining otherwise compatible with the IEEE standard. 80V-rated port pins provide robust protection against external faults.
The LTC4266 includes advanced power management features, including current and voltage readback and programmable ICUT and ILIM thresholds. Available C libraries simplify power-management software development; an optional AUTO pin mode provides fully IEEE-compliant standalone operation with no software required. Proprietary 4-point PD detection circuitry minimizes false PD detection while supporting legacy phone operation. Midspan operation is supported with built-in 2-event classification and backoff timing. Host communication is via a 1MHz I2C serial interface.
The LTC4266 is available in a 5mm × 7mm QFN package that significantly reduces board space compared with competing solutions. A legacy-compatible 36-pin SSOP package is also available.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprint compatible with Mentor Graphics PADS® v9.5 or later, and Cadence ORCAD® v16.5 or later.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1366B||LTC4266 Demo Board | 25.5W PoE+ 4-Port Midspan PSE (req. DC590)||$200.00|
|DC590B||Isolated USB Serial Controller for Linear Technology QuikEval-Compatible Demo Boards||$50.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation AppicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- High Power PSE Switches/Routers
- High Power PSE Midspans
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4266A/LTC4266C - Quad PoE/PoE+/LTPoE++ PSE Controller
- LT4275 - LTPoE++/PoE+/PoE PD Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC4274A/LTC4274C - Single PoE/PoE+/LTPoE++ PSE Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT3748 - 100V Isolated Flyback Controller
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LTC4263 - Single IEEE 802.3af Compliant PSE Controller with Internal Switch
- LTC4274 - Single IEEE 802.3at Power Over Ethernet Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: