LTC4266 - Quad IEEE 802.3at Power Over Ethernet Controller
- Four Independent PSE Channels
- Compliant with IEEE 802.3at Type 1 and 2
- 0.34Ω Total Channel Resistance
130mW/Port at 600mA
- Advanced Power Management
8-Bit Programmable Current Limit (ILIM)
7-Bit Programmable Overload Currents (ICUT)
Fast Shutdown of Preselected Ports
14.5-Bit Port Current/Voltage Monitoring
- Very High Reliability 4-Point PD Detection:
2-Point Forced Voltage
2-Point Forced Current
- High Capacitance Legacy Device Detection
- LTC4259A-1 and LTC4258 Pin and SW Compatible
- 1MHz I2C Compatible Serial Control Interface
- Midspan Backoff Timer
- Supports Proprietary Power Levels Above 25W
- Available in 38-Pin 5mm × 7mm QFN and 36-Pin SSOP Packages
The LTC®4266 is a quad PSE controller designed for use in IEEE 802.3 Type 1 and Type 2 (high power) compliant Power over Ethernet systems. External power MOSFETs enhance system reliability and minimize channel resistance, cutting power dissipation and eliminating the need for heatsinks even at Type 2 power levels. External power components also allow use at very high power levels while remaining otherwise compatible with the IEEE standard. 80V-rated port pins provide robust protection against external faults.
The LTC4266 includes advanced power management features, including current and voltage readback and programmable ICUT and ILIM thresholds. Available C libraries simplify power-management software development; an optional AUTO pin mode provides fully IEEE-compliant standalone operation with no software required. Proprietary 4-point PD detection circuitry minimizes false PD detection while supporting legacy phone operation. Midspan operation is supported with built-in 2-event classification and backoff timing. Host communication is via a 1MHz I2C serial interface.
The LTC4266 is available in a 5mm × 7mm QFN package that significantly reduces board space compared with competing solutions. A legacy-compatible 36-pin SSOP package is also available.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1366A||LTC4266 Demo Board | 25.5W PoE+ 4-Port Midspan PSE (req. DC590).||$200.00|
|DC1581A||(8-port) LTC4266 IEEE802.3at Quad Powered Ethernet PSE (no ICM, req DC590).||Contact Factory|
|DC590B||USB Serial Controller for Linear Technology QuikEval Demo Boards||$50.00|
- High Power PSE Switches/Routers
- High Power PSE Midspans
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4266A/LTC4266C - Quad PoE/PoE+/LTPoE++ PSE Controller
- LT4275 - LTPoE++/PoE+/PoE PD Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4274A/LTC4274C - Single PoE/PoE+/LTPoE++ PSE Controller
- LTC4263 - Single IEEE 802.3af Compliant PSE Controller with Internal Switch
- LTC4274 - Single IEEE 802.3at Power Over Ethernet Controller
- LTM2883 - SPI/Digital or I2C μModule Isolator with Adjustable ±12.5V and 5V Regulated Power
- LT3748 - 100V Isolated Flyback Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: