LTC4232 - 5A Integrated Hot Swap Controller
- Allows Safe Board Insertion into a Live Backplane
- Small Footprint
- 33mΩ MOSFET with RSENSE
- Wide Operating Voltage Range: 2.9V to 15V
- Adjustable, 10% Accurate Current Limit
- Current and Temperature Monitor Outputs
- Overtemperature Protection
- Adjustable Current Limit Timer Before Fault
- Power Good and Fault Outputs
- Adjustable Inrush Current Control
- 2% Accurate Undervoltage and Overvoltage Protection
- Pin Compatible with LTC4217 (DFN Package Only)
- Available in 16-Lead 5mm × 3mm DFN Package
The LTC®4232 is an integrated solution for Hot Swap applications that allows a board to be safely inserted and removed from a live backplane. The part integrates a Hot Swap controller, power MOSFET and current sense resistor in a single package for small form factor applications.
The LTC4232 provides separate inrush current control and a 10% accurate 5A current limit with foldback current limiting. The current limit threshold can be adjusted dynamically using an external pin. Additional features include a current monitor output that amplifies the sense resistor voltage for ground referenced current sensing and a MOSFET temperature monitor output. Thermal limit, overvoltage, undervoltage and power good monitoring are also provided. For a 2A pin compatible version, see LTC4217.
The LTC4232-1 (separate data sheet) allows faster turn-on than the LTC4232 by providing 16ms debounce delay and external control of the GATE ramp rate.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1886A||LTC4232IDHC Demo Board | 5A Integrated Hot Swap Controller with 100ms Turn-On Delay||$75.00|
- RAID Systems, Solid State Drives
- Server I/O Cards
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4365 - Overvoltage, Undervoltage and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4356-1 and LT4356-2 - Surge Stopper
- LTC4366 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LTC4217 - 2A Integrated Hot Swap Controller
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: