LTC4227-1/LTC4227-2 - Dual Ideal Diode and Single Hot Swap Controller
- Power Path and Inrush Current Control for Redundant Supplies
- Low Loss Replacement for Power Schottky Diodes
- Allows Safe Hot Swapping from a Live Backplane
- 2.9V to 18V Operating Range
- Controls N-Channel MOSFETs
- Limits Peak Fault Current in ≤1μs
- 0.5μs Turn-On and Reverse Turn-Off Time
- Adjustable Current Limit with Circuit Breaker
- Smooth Switchover without Oscillation
- Adjustable Current Limit Fault Delay
- Fault and Power Status Output
- LTC4227-1: Latch Off After Fault
- LTC4227-2: Automatic Retry After Fault
- 20-Lead 4mm × 5mm QFN and 16-Lead SSOP Packages
The LTC®4227 offers ideal diode and Hot Swap™ functions for two power rails by controlling external N-channel MOSFETs. MOSFETs acting as ideal diodes replace two high power Schottky diodes and the associated heat sinks, saving power and board area. A Hot Swap control MOSFET allows a board to be safely inserted and removed from a live backplane by limiting inrush current. The supply output is also protected against short-circuit faults with a fast acting current limit and internal timed circuit breaker.
The LTC4227 regulates the forward voltage drop across the MOSFETs to ensure smooth current transfer from one supply to the other without oscillation. The ideal diodes turn on quickly to reduce the load voltage droop during supply switchover. If the input supply fails or is shorted, a fast turn-off minimizes reverse-current transients.
The LTC4227 allows turn-on/off control, and reports fault and power good status for the supply. The LTC4227-1 features a latch-off circuit breaker, while the LTC4227-2 provides automatic retry after a fault.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1625A-A||LTC4227-1 Dual Ideal Diode & Single Hot Swap Controller with Latchoff after Fault||$75.00|
|DC1625A-B||LTC4227-2 Dual Ideal Diode & Single Hot Swap Controller with Auto-Retry after Fault||$75.00|
|DC590B||USB Serial Controller for Linear Technology QuikEval Demo Boards||$50.00|
- Redundant Power Supplies
- Supply Holdup
- Computer Systems and Servers
- Telecom Networks
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LTC4415 - Dual 4A Ideal Diodes with Adjustable Current Limit
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LTC4355 - Positive High Voltage Ideal Diode-OR with Input Supply and Fuse Monitors
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4365 - UV, OV and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC4357 - Positive High Voltage Ideal Diode Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV