LTC4226 - Wide Operating Range Dual Hot Swap Controller
- Allows Safe Board Insertion into Live Backplane
- Selectable Current Limit and Dual-Rate Timer Accommodate Load Surges
- Fast Response Limits Peak Fault Current
- Wide Operating Voltage Range: 4.5V to 44V
- Optional Auto-Retry or Latchoff after Overcurrent Fault
- High Side Drive for External N-Channel MOSFET
- Allows Parallel Power Paths for High Current Applications
- Available in 16-Pin QFN (3mm × 3mm) and MSOP Packages
The LTC4226 dual Hot Swap™ controller allows two power paths to be safely inserted and removed from a live backplane or powered connector. Using N-channel pass transistors, supply voltages ranging from 4.5V to 44V are ramped up at an adjustable rate.
Three selectable ratios of current limit to circuit breaker threshold accommodate noisy loads and momentary high peak currents without interruption, while a dual-rate fault timer protects the MOSFET from extended output overcurrent events. FAULT outputs indicate the circuit breaker status.The LTC4226-1 remains off after a fault while the LTC4226-2 automatically retries after a 0.5s delay.
The LTC4226 can also be configured as a bidirectional current limiter/circuit breaker. For high current applications, two channels may be configured as parallel power paths.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1627A-A||LTC4226CUD-1 Demoboard : Dual Hot Swap Controller with Latch Off||$75.00|
|DC1627A-B||LTC4226CUD-2 Demoboard : Dual Hot Swap Controller with Auto-Retry||$75.00|
- Apple FireWire/IEEE 1394
- Disk Drives
- Rugged 12V, 24V Applications
- Hot Board/Connector Insertion
- Uni/Bidirectional Current Limiter/Circuit Breaker
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LTC4366-1/LTC4366-2 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LTC4365 - Overvoltage, Undervoltage and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT4356-1 and LT4356-2 - Surge Stopper
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LTC2945 - Wide Range I2C Power Monitor
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: