LTC4222 - Dual Hot Swap Controller with I2C Compatible Monitoring
- Allows Safe Insertion Into a Live Backplane
- 10-Bit ADC Monitors Currents and Voltages
- I2C/SMBus Interface
- Wide Operating Voltage Range: 2.9V to 29V
- dI/dt Controlled Soft-Start
- High Side Drive for External N-Channel MOSFETs
- No External Gate Capacitors Required
- Input Overvoltage/Undervoltage Protection
- Optional Latchoff or Auto-Retry After Faults
- Alert Host After Faults
- Inrush Current Limit with Foldback
- Available in 32-Pin (5mm × 5mm) QFN and 36-Pin SSOP Packages
DescriptionThe LTC4222 Hot Swap controller allows two power paths to be safely inserted and removed from a live backplane. Using external N-channel pass transistors, board supply voltages and inrush currents are ramped up at an adjustable rate. An I2C interface and onboard ADC allows for monitoring of current, voltage and fault status for each channel.
The device features adjustable, analog, foldback current limit circuits and a Soft-Start circuit that sets the dI/dt of the inrush currents. An I2C interface may configure the part to latch off or automatically restart after the LTC4222 detects a fault on either channel.
The controller has additional features to interrupt the host when a fault has occurred, notify when output power is good, detect insertion of a load card and power-up either automatically upon insertion or wait for an I2C command to turn on.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1134A||LTC4222 Demoboard: Dual Hot Swap Controller with I2C and ADC (Requires DC590)||$75.00|
|DC590B||USB Serial Controller for Linear Technology QuikEval Demo Boards||$50.00|
- Live Board Insertion
- Electronic Circuit Breakers
- Computers, Servers
- Platform Management
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT4356-1 and -2 - Surge Stopper
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4260 - Positive High Voltage Hot Swap Controller with I2C Compatible Monitoring
- LTC4366-1/LTC4366-2 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LTM2883 - SPI/Digital or I2C μModule Isolator with Adjustable ±12.5V and 5V Regulated Power
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC2978 - Octal Digital Power Supply Manager with EEPROM
- LTC2974 - 4-Channel PMBus Power System Manager Featuring Accurate Output Current Measurement
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV