LTC4219 - 5A Integrated Hot Swap Controller
- Small Footprint
- 33mΩ MOSFET with RSENSE
- Available in Preset 12V and 5V Versions
- Adjustable, 10% Accurate Current Limit
- Current and Temperature Monitor Outputs
- Overtemperature Protection
- Adjustable Current Limit Timer Before Fault
- Power Good and Fault Outputs
- Adjustable Inrush Current Control
- Available in 16-Lead 5mm x 3mm DFN Packages
The LTC4219 is an integrated solution for Hot Swap applications that allows a board to be safely inserted and removed from a live backplane. The part integrates a Hot Swap controller, power MOSFET and current sense resistor in a single package for small form factor applications.
The LTC4219 provides separate inrush current control and a 10% accurate 5.6A current limit with foldback current limiting. The current limit threshold can be adjusted dynamically using an external pin. Additional features include a current monitor output that amplifies the sense resistor voltage for ground referenced current sensing and a MOSFET temperature monitor output. Thermal limit and power good monitoring are also provided. The power good detection level and foldback current limit profile are internally preset for 5V (LTC4219-5) and 12V (LTC4219-12) applications.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1594A-A||LTC4219-12 12V, 5A Integrated Hot Swap Controller||$50.00|
|DC1594A-B||LTC4219-5 5V, 5A Integrated Hot Swap Controller||$50.00|
- RAID Systems
- Server I/O Cards
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4365 - UV, OV and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
- LTC4232 - 5A Integrated Hot Swap Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC2978 - Octal Digital Power Supply Manager with EEPROM
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
- LTC2974 - 4-Channel PMBus Power System Manager Featuring Accurate Output Current Measurement
- LTC3633 - Dual Channel 3A, 15V Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV