LTC4218 - Hot Swap Controller
- Wide Operating Voltage Range: 2.9V to 26.5V
- Adjustable, 5% Accurate 15mV Current Limit
- Current Monitor Output
- Adjustable Current Limit Timer Before Fault
- Power Good and Fault Outputs
- Adjustable Inrush Current Control
- 2% Accurate Undervoltage and Overvoltage Protection
- Available in 16-Lead SSOP and 16-Pin 5mm × 3mm DFN Packages
The LTC®4218 is a Hot Swap™ controller that allows a board to be safely inserted and removed from a live backplane. An internal high side switch driver controls the gate of an external N-channel MOSFET for supply voltages from 2.9V to 26.5V. A dedicated 12V version (LTC4218-12) contains preset 12V specific thresholds, while the standard LTC4218 allows adjustable thresholds.
The LTC4218 provides an accurate (5%) current limit with current foldback limiting. The current limit threshold can be adjusted dynamically using an external pin. Additional features include a current monitor output that amplifies the sense voltage for ground referenced current sensing. Overvoltage, undervoltage and power good monitoring are also provided.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1052A-A||LTC4218 Demo Board: 12V and 24V, 7.5A Hot Swap Controller with Current Monitoring||$50.00|
- RAID Systems
- ATCA, AMC, μTCA Systems
- Server I/O Cards
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4365 - Overvoltage, Undervoltage and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
- LT4356-1 and LT4356-2 - Surge Stopper
- LTC4366 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4217 - 2A Integrated Hot Swap Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: