LTC4211 - Hot Swap Controller with Multifunction Current Control
- Allows Safe Board Insertion and Removal from a Live Backplane
- Controls Supply Voltages from 2.5V to 16.5V
- Programmable Soft-Start with Inrush Current Limiting, No External Gate Capacitor Required
- Faster Turn-Off Time Because No External Gate Capacitor is Required
- Dual Level Overcurrent Fault Protection
- Programmable Response Time for Overcurrent Protection (MS)
- Programmable Overvoltage Protection (MS)
- Automatic Retry or Latched Mode Operation (MS)
- High Side Drive for an External N-Channel FET
- User-Programmable Supply Voltage Power-Up Rate
- FB Pin Monitors VOUT and Signals RESET
- Glitch Filter Protects Against Spurious RESET Signal
The LTC4211 is a Hot Swap controller that allows a board to be safely inserted and removed from a live backplane. An internal highside switch driver controls the gate of an external N-channel MOSFET for supply voltages ranging from 2.5V to 16.5V. The LTC4211 provides soft-start and in rush current limiting during the start-up period which has a programmable duration.
Two on-chip current limit comparators provide dual level overcurrent circuit breaker protection. The slow comparator trips at VCC – 50mV and activates in 20µs (or programmed by an external filter capacitor,MS only). The fast comparator trips at VCC – 150mV and typically responds in 300ns.
The FB pin monitors the output supply voltage and signals the RESET output pin. The ON pin signal turns the chip on and off and can also be used for the reset function. The MS package has FAULT and FILTER pins to provide additional functions like fault indication, autoretry or latch-off modes, programmable current limit response time and programmable overvoltage protection using an external Zener diode clamp.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC536A-B||LTC4211 Hot Swap Controller (20A version)||$75.00|
|DC536B-A||LTC4211CMS Demoboard | 7A Electronic Circuit Breaker and Hot Swap Controller||$75.00|
- Electronic Circuit Breaker
- Hot Board Insertion and Removal (Either On Backplane or On Removable Card)
- Industrial High Side Switch/Circuit Breaker
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4365 - Overvoltage, Undervoltage and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4356-1 and LT4356-2 - Surge Stopper
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC4210-1 and -2 - Hot Swap Controller in 6-Lead SOT-23 Package
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC4366 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: