LTC4160 - Switching Power Manager with USB On-The-Go And Overvoltage Protection
- Bidirectional Switching Regulator Makes Optimal Use of Limited Power Available from USB Port and also Provides a 5V Output for USB On-The-Go
- Overvoltage Protection Guards Against Damage
- 180mΩ Internal Ideal Diode Plus Optional External Ideal Diode Controller Seamlessly Provides Low Loss PowerPath When Input Power is Limited or Unavailable
- Instant-On Operation with Discharged Battery
- Full Featured Li-Ion/Polymer Battery Charger
- Bat-Track™ Adaptive Output Control For Efficient Charging
- 1.2A Max Input Current Limit
- 1.2A Max Charge Current with Thermal Limiting
- Battery Float Voltage: 4.2V (LTC4160), 4.1V (LTC4160-1)
- Low Battery Powered Quiescent Current (8μA)
- 20-pin 3mm × 4mm × 0.75mm QFN Package
The LTC®4160/LTC4160-1 are high efficiency power management and Li-Ion/Polymer battery charger ICs. They each include a bidirectional switching PowerPath™ controller with automatic load prioritization, a battery charger, and an ideal diode.
The LTC4160/LTC4160-1’s bidirectional switching regulator transfers nearly all of the power available from the USB port to the load with minimal loss and heat which eases thermal constraints in small spaces. These devices feature a precision input current limit for USB compatibility and Bat-Track output control for efficient charging. In addition, the ICs can also generate 5V at 500mA for USB On-The- Go applications.
An overvoltage circuit protects the LTC4160/LTC4160-1 from high voltage damage on the USB/wall adapter inputs with an external N-channel MOSFET and a resistor.
The LTC4160/LTC4160-1 are available in a 3mm × 4mm × 0.75mm QFN surface mount package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1463A-A||LTC4160EPDC Demo Board | Switching Power Manager with USB On-the-Go and Overvoltage Protection||$125.00|
|DC1463A-B||LTC4160EPDC-1 Demo Board | Switching Power Manager with USB On-the-Go and Overvoltage Protection||$125.00|
- Media Players and Personal Navigation Devices
- Digital Cameras, PDAs, Smart Phones
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC4088 - High Efficiency Battery Charger/USB Power Manager
- LTC4155 - Dual Input Power Manager/ 3.5A Li-Ion Battery Charger with I2C Control and USB OTG
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT1512 - SEPIC Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LTC4098/LTC4098-1 - USB Compatible Switching Power Managers/Li-Ion Chargers with Overvoltage Protection
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC4099 - I2C Controlled USB Power Manager/Charger with Overvoltage Protection
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.