LTC4155 - Dual Input Power Manager/ 3.5A Li-Ion Battery Charger with I2C Control and USB OTG
- High Efficiency Charger Capable of 3.5A Charge Current
- Monolithic Switching Regulator Makes Optimal Use of Limited Power and Thermal Budget
- Dual Input Overvoltage Protection Controller
- Priority Multiplexing for Multiple Inputs
- I2C/SMBus Control and Status Feedback
- NTC Thermistor ADC for Temperature Dependent Charge Algorithms (JEITA)
- Instant-On Operation with Low Battery
- Battery Ideal Diode Controller for Power Management
- USB On-The-Go Power Delivery to the USB Port
- Full Featured Li-Ion/Polymer Battery Charger with Four Float Voltage Settings
- 28-Lead 4mm × 5mm QFN Package
The LTC®4155 is a 15 watt I2C controlled power manager with PowerPath™ instant-on operation, high efficiency switching battery charging and USB compatibility. The LTC4155 seamlessly manages power distribution from two 5V sources, such as a USB port and a wall adapter, to a single-cell rechargeable Lithium-Ion/Polymer battery and a system load.
The LTC4155’s switching battery charger automatically limits its input current for USB compatibility, or may draw up to 3A from a high power wall adapter. The high efficiency step-down switching charger is designed to provide maximum power to the application and reduced heat in high power density applications.
I2C adjustability of input current, charge current, battery float voltage, charge termination, and many other parameters allows maximum flexibility. I2C status reporting of key system and charge parameters facilitates intelligent control decisions. USB On-The-Go support provides 5V power back to the USB port without any additional components. A dual-input, priority multiplexing, overvoltage protection circuit guards the LTC4155 from high voltage damage on the VBUS pin.
The LTC4155 is available in the low profile 28-lead 4mm × 5mm × 0.75mm QFN surface mount package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1674A-A||LTC4155EUFD Demo Board I VIN = 4.35V to 5.5V, VOUT = 4.5V @ 3.5A; DC590B Demo Board is required.||$150.00|
|DC590B||USB Serial Controller for Linear Technology QuikEval Demo Boards||$50.00|
- Tablet PCs
- Ultra Mobile PCs
- Video Media Players
- Digital Cameras, GPS, PDAs
- Smart Phones
- Portable Medical Devices
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC4160 - Switching Power Manager with USB On-The-Go And Overvoltage Protection
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC4099 - I2C Controlled USB Power Manager/Charger with Overvoltage Protection
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LTC3112 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC2955 - Pushbutton On/Off Controller with Automatic Turn-On
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: