LTC4150 - Coulomb Counter/Battery Gas Gauge
- Indicates Charge Quantity and Polarity
- ±50mV Sense Voltage Range
- Precision Timer Capacitor or Crystal Not Required
- 2.7V to 8.5V Operation
- High Side Sense
- 32.55Hz/V Charge Count Frequency
- 1.5μA Shutdown Current
- 10-Pin MSOP Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC4150 measures battery depletion and charging in handheld PC and portable product applications. The device monitors current through an external sense resistor between the battery’s positive terminal and the battery’s load or charger. A voltage-to-frequency converter transforms the current sense voltage into a series of output pulses at the interrupt pin. These pulses correspond to a fixed quantity of charge flowing into or out of the battery. The part also indicates charge polarity as the battery is depleted or charged.
The LTC4150 is intended for 1-cell or 2-cell Li-Ion and 3-cell to 6-cell NiCd or NiMH applications.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC756A||LTC4150CMS | Coulomb Counter / Battery Gas Gauge (requires DC590 Controller)||$50.00|
|DC590B||Isolated USB Serial Controller for Linear Technology QuikEval-Compatible Demo Boards||$50.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation AppicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Battery Chargers
- Palmtop Computers and PDAs
- Cellular Telephones and Wireless Modems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC2942 - Battery Gas Gauge with Temperature, Voltage Measurement
- LTC2943 - Multicell Battery Gas Gauge with Temperature, Voltage and Current Measurement
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC2941 - Battery Gas Gauge with I2C Interface
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC2942-1 - 1A Battery Gas Gauge with Internal Sense Resistor and Temperature/Voltage Measurement
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.