LTC4120/LTC4120-4.2 - Wireless Power Receiver and 400mA Buck Battery Charger
- Dynamic Harmonization Control Optimizes Wireless Charging Over a Wide Coupling Range
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 12.5V to 40V
- Adjustable Float Voltage: 3.5V to 11V
- Fixed 4.2V Float Voltage Option: LTC4120-4.2
- 50mA to 400mA Charge Current Programmed with a Single Resistor
- ±1% Feedback Voltage Accuracy
- Programmable 5% Accurate Charge Current
- No Microprocessor Required
- No Transformer Core
- Thermally Enhanced, Low Profile 16-Lead (3mm × 3mm × 0.75mm) QFN Package
The LTC®4120 is a constant-current/constant-voltage wireless receiver and battery charger. An external programming resistor sets the charge current up to 400mA. The LTC4120-4.2 is suitable for charging Li-Ion/Polymer batteries, while the programmable float voltage of the LTC4120 accommodates several battery chemistries. The LTC4120 uses a Dynamic Harmonization Control (DHC) technique that allows high efficiency contactless charging across an air gap.
The LTC4120 regulates its input voltage via the DHC pin. This technique modulates the resonant frequency of a receiver tank to automatically adjust the power received as well as the power transmitted to provide an efficient solution for wirelessly charging battery-powered devices.
Wireless charging with the LTC4120 provides a method to power devices in harsh environments without requiring expensive failure-prone connectors. This allows products to be charged while locked within sealed enclosures, or in moving or rotating equipment, or where cleanliness or sanitation is critical.
This full featured battery charger includes accurate RUN pin threshold, low voltage battery preconditioning and bad battery fault detection, timer termination, auto-recharge, and NTC temperature qualified charging. The FAULT pin provides an indication of bad battery or temperature faults.
Once charging is terminated, the LTC4120 signals end-ofcharge via the CHRG pin, and enters a low current sleep mode. An auto-restart feature starts a new charging cycle if the battery voltage drops by 2.2%.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2181A-A||LTC4120EUD-4.2 Demo Board | Wireless Power Receiver and 400mA Buck Battery Charger with Fixed 4.2V charge voltage and separate receive coil. DC2181A-A requires a transmitter such as DC1969A-B or the Proxi-Point Power-by-Proxi transmitter.||$225.00|
|DC2181A-B||LTC4120EUD Demo Board | Wireless Power Receiver and 400mA Buck Battery Charger with Adjustable charge voltage and separate receiver coil. DC2181A-B requires a transmitter such as DC1969A-B or the Proxi-Point Power-by-Proxi transmitter.||$225.00|
|DC2386A-B||Wireless Power Transfer Demonstration Kit featuring the LTC4125EUFD and the LTC4120EUD||$150.00|
- Handheld Instruments
- Industrial/Military Sensors and Devices
- Harsh Environments
- Portable Medical Devices
- Physically Small Devices
- Electrically Isolated Devices
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT8490 - High Voltage, High Current Buck-Boost Battery Charge Controller with Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC4125 - 5W AutoResonant Wireless Power Transmitter
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: