LTC4120 - Wireless Power Receiver and 400mA Buck Battery Charger
- Dynamic Harmonization Control Optimizes Wireless Charging Over a Wide Coupling Range
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.3V to 40V
- Adjustable Float Voltage: 3.5V to 11V
- 50mA to 400mA Charge Current Programmed with a Single Resistor
- ±1% Feedback Voltage Accuracy
- Programmable 5% Accurate Charge Current
- No Microprocessor Required
- No Transformer Core
- Thermally Enhanced, Low Profile 16-Lead (3mm × 3mm × 0.75mm) QFN Package
The LTC®4120 is a constant-current/constant-voltage wireless receiver and battery charger. An external programming resistor sets the charge current up to 400mA. The programmable float voltage of the LTC4120 accommodates several battery chemistries. The LTC4120 uses a Dynamic Harmonization Control (DHC) technique that allows high efficiency contactless charging across an air gap.
The LTC4120 regulates its input voltage via the DHC pin. This technique modulates the resonant frequency of a receiver tank to automatically adjust the power received as well as the power transmitted to provide an efficient solution for wirelessly charging battery-powered devices.
Wireless charging with the LTC4120 provides a method to power devices in harsh environments without requiring expensive failure-prone connectors. This allows products to be charged while locked within sealed enclosures, or in moving or rotating equipment, or where cleanliness or sanitation is critical.
This full featured battery charger includes accurate RUN pin threshold, low voltage battery preconditioning and bad battery fault detection, timer termination, auto-recharge, and NTC temperature qualified charging. The FAULT pin provides an indication of bad battery or temperature faults.
Once charging is terminated, the LTC4120 signals end-ofcharge via the CHRG pin, and enters a low current sleep mode. An auto-restart feature starts a new charging cycle if the battery voltage drops by 2.5%.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1969A-B||LTC4120EUD Wireless Power Receiver and 400mA Buck Battery Charger.||$225.00|
- Handheld Instruments
- Industrial/Military Sensors and Devices
- Harsh Environments
- Portable Medical Devices
- Physically Small Devices
- Electrically Isolated Devices
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3330 - Nanopower Buck-Boost DC/DC with Energy Harvesting Battery Life Extender
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.