LTC4100 - Smart Battery Charger Controller
- Single Chip Smart Battery Charger Controller
- 100% Compliant (Rev. 1.1) SMBus Support Allows for Operation with or without Host
- SMBus Accelerator Improves SMBus Timing
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 3.5V to 26V
- Hardware Interrupt and SMBAlert Response Eliminate Interrupt Polling
- High Efficiency Synchronous Buck Charger
- 0.5V Dropout Voltage; Maximum Duty Cycle > 98%
- AC Adapter Current Limit Maximizes Charge Rate
- ±0.8% Voltage Accuracy; ±4% Current Accuracy
- Up to 4A Charging Current Capability
- 10-Bit DAC for Charge Current Programming
- 11-Bit DAC for Charger Voltage Programming
- User-Selectable Overvoltage and Overcurrent Limits
- High Noise Immunity SafetySignal Sensor
- Available in a 24-Pin SSOP Package
The LTC®4100 Smart Battery Charger is a single chip charging solution that dramatically simplifies construction of an SBS compliant system. The LTC4100 implements a Level 2 charger function whereby the charger can be programmed by the battery or by the host. A SafetySignal on the battery being charged is monitored for temperature, connectivity and battery type information. The SMBus interface remains alive when the AC power adapter is removed and responds to all SMBus activity directed to it, including SafetySignal status (via the ChargerStatus command). The charger also provides an interrupt to the host whenever a status change is detected (e.g., battery removal, AC adapter connection).
Charging current and voltage are restricted to chemistryspecific limits for improved system safety and reliability. Limits are programmable by two external resistors. Additionally, the maximum average current from the AC adapter is programmable to avoid overloading the adapter when simultaneously supplying load current and charging current. When supplying system load current, charging current is automatically reduced to prevent adapter overload.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC512B||LTC4100EG | 3-/4-Cell Li-Ion Smart Battery Charger, DCIN = 15V-20V, Up to 4A Charge Current, (req. DC1223)||$150.00|
|DC1223A-B||USB to SM-Bus/SPI Interface with Monitor||$400.00|
- Portable Instruments and Computers
- Data Storage Systems and Battery Backup Servers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC1760 - Dual Smart Battery System Manager
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LTC4110 - Battery Backup System Manager
- LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A μModule (Power Module) Power Tracking Battery Charger
- LT1513 - SEPIC Constant- or Programmable-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- LT1512 - SEPIC Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!