LTC4098-3.6 - USB Compatible Switching Power Manager/LiFePO4 Charger with Overvoltage Protection
- Switching Regulator with Bat-Track™ Adaptive Output Control Makes Optimal Use of Limited Power Available from USB Port to Charge Battery and Power Application
- Charge Control Algorithm Specifically Designed for LiFePO4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate)
- Overvoltage Protection Guards Against Damage
- Bat-Track External Step-Down Switching Regulator Control Maximizes Efficiency from Automotive, Firewire and Other High Voltage Input Sources
- 180mΩ Internal Ideal Diode Plus External Ideal Diode Controller Seamlessly Provide Low Loss PowerPath™ When Input Power Is Limited or Unavailable
- Preset 3.6V Charge Voltage with 0.5% Accuracy
- Instant-On Operation with Discharged Battery
- 700mA Maximum Load Current from USB Port
- 2A Maximum Input Current from Internal Switching Regulator
- 1.5A Maximum Charge Current with Thermal Limiting
- 20-Lead 3mm × 4mm × 0.75mm QFN Package
The LTC4098-3.6 is a high efficiency USB PowerPath controller and full-featured LiFePO4 battery charger. It seamlessly manages power distribution from multiple sources including USB, wall adapter, automotive, Firewire or other high voltage DC/DC converters, and a LiFePO4 battery.
The LTC4098-3.6 charge algorithm is optimized for LiFePO4 by implementing a 1-hour float voltage termination timer and a 0°C to 60°C NTC-based charge qualification range. Furthermore, completely discharged batteries are charged at the full programmed charge current.
The LTC4098-3.6’s switching regulator can automatically limit its input current for USB compatibility. For automotive and other high voltage applications, the LTC4098‑3.6 interfaces with an external switching regulator. Both the USB input and the auxiliary input controller feature Bat-Track optimized charging to provide maximum power to the application and reduced heat in high power density applications with input supplies from 5V to as high as 38V.
An overvoltage protection circuit guards the LTC4098-3.6 from high voltage damage on the VBUS pin with just two external components.
The LTC4098-3.6 is available in a 20-lead 3mm × 4mm × 0.75mm QFN surface mount package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- High Peak Power Battery-Powered Equipment
- Backup Applications
- High Reliability Handhelds
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC4156 - Dual-Input Power Manager / 3.5A LiFePO4 Battery Charger with I2C Control and USB OTG
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A uModule Power Tracking Battery Charger
- LTC4000-1 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging with Maximum Power Point Control
- LTC4009 - High Efficiency, Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT3652HV - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC4415 - Dual 4A Ideal Diodes with Adjustable Current Limit
- LTC1729 - Li-Ion Battery Charger Termination Controllers
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.