LTC4098/LTC4098-1 - USB Compatible Switching Power Managers/Li-Ion Chargers with Overvoltage Protection
- Switching Regulator with Bat-Track™ Adaptive Output Control Makes Optimal Use of Limited Power Available from USB Port to Charge Battery and Power Application
- Overvoltage Protection Guards Against Damage
- Bat-Track External Step-Down Switching Regulator Control Maximizes Efficiency from Automotive, Firewire and Other High Voltage Input Sources
- 180mΩ Internal Ideal Diode Plus External Ideal Diode Controller Seamlessly Provide Low Loss PowerPath™ when Input Power is Limited or Unavailable
- Preset 4.2V Charge Voltage with 0.5% Accuracy (4.1V for LTC4098-1)
- 4.1V Float Voltage (LTC4098-1) Improves Battery Life and High Temperature Safety Margin
- Instant-On Operation with Discharged Battery
- 700mA Maximum Load Current from USB Port
- 1.5A Maximum Charge Current with Thermal Limiting
- 20-Lead 3mm × 4mm × 0.75mm QFN Package
The LTC®4098/LTC4098-1 are high efficiency USB Power- Path controllers and full-featured Li-Ion/Polymer battery chargers. They seamlessly manage power distribution from multiple sources including USB, wall adapter, automotive, Firewire or other high voltage DC/DC converters, and a Li-Ion/Polymer battery.
The LTC4098/LTC4098-1’s internal switching regulator automatically limits its input current for USB compatibility. For automotive and other high voltage applications, the LTC4098/LTC4098-1 interface with a Linear Technology external switching regulator to provide a high efficiency high voltage power path. Both the USB and the optional high voltage inputs feature Bat-Track optimized charging to provide maximum power to the application and ease thermal issues in high power density applications with input supplies from 5V to as high as 38V.
An overvoltage circuit protects the LTC4098/LTC4098-1 from high voltage damage on the USB/wall adaptor inputs with an N-channel FET and a resistor.
The LTC4098/LTC4098-1 are available in a 20-lead, 3mm × 4mm × 0.75mm QFN surface mount package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1284A||LTC4098EPDC DEMO BOARD | USB Compatible Switching Power Manager/Li-Ion Charger with Overvoltage Protection||$150.00|
|DC1303A||LTC4098EPDC Demo board | USB Compatible Switching Power Manager/Li-Ion Charger with Overvoltage Protection||$150.00|
|DC1701A||LTC4098EUDC Demo Board||$150.00|
- Media Players
- Smart Phones
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4160 - Switching Power Manager with USB On-The-Go And Overvoltage Protection
- LTC4155 - Dual Input Power Manager/ 3.5A Li-Ion Battery Charger with I2C Control and USB OTG
- LTC4088 - High Efficiency Battery Charger/USB Power Manager
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC4085 - USB Power Manager with Ideal Diode Controller and Li-Ion Charger
- LTC4067 - USB Power Manager with OVP and Li-Ion/Polymer Charger
- LTC4089 - USB Power Manager with High Voltage Switching Charger
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.