LTC4088 - High Efficiency Battery Charger/USB Power Manager
- Switching Regulator Makes Optimal Use of Limited Power Available from USB Port to Charge Battery and Power Application
- 180mΩ Internal Ideal Diode Plus Optional External Ideal Diode Controller Seamlessly Provides Low Loss Power Path When Input Power is Limited or Unavailable
- Full Featured Li-Ion/Polymer Battery Charger
- VBUS Operating Range: 4.25V to 5.5V (7V Absolute Maximum—Transient)
- 1.2A Maximum Input Current Limit
- 1.5A Maximum Charge Current with Thermal Limiting
- Bat-Track Adaptive Output Control
- Slew Control Reduces Switching EMI
- Low Profile (0.75mm) 14-Lead 4mm × 3mm DFN Package
The LTC4088 is a high efﬁciency USB PowerPath controller and Li-Ion/Polymer battery charger. It includes a synchronous switching input regulator, a full-featured battery charger and an ideal diode. Designed specifically for USB applications, the LTC4088’s switching regulator automatically limits its input current to either 100mA, 500mA or 1A for wall-powered applications via logic control.
The switching input stage provides power to VOUT where power sharing between the application circuit and the battery charger is managed. Unlike linear PowerPath controllers, the LTC4088’s switching input stage can use nearly all of the 0.5W or 2.5W available from the USB port with minimal power dissipation. This feature allows the LTC4088 to provide more power to the application and eases thermal issues in space-constrained applications.
An ideal diode ensures that system power is available from the battery when the input current limit is reached or if the USB or wall supply is removed.
The LTC4088 is available in the low profile 14-Lead 4mm × 3mm × 0.75mm DFN surface mount package.
|Input Logic Truth Table||Automatic Charge Current Reduction||3.3V LDO|
|LTC4088||Battery charger enabled with all logic inputs grounded||No||Yes|
|LTC4088-1||Battery charger enabled with all logic inputs grounded||Yes||No|
|LTC4088-2||Battery charger enabled with all logic inputs grounded||Yes||No|
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1007B||LTC4088EDE Demo Board | High Efficiency Battery Ch||$150.00|
- Media Players
- Digital Cameras
- Smart Phones
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4160 - Switching Power Manager with USB On-The-Go And Overvoltage Protection
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC4155 - Dual Input Power Manager/ 3.5A Li-Ion Battery Charger with I2C Control and USB OTG
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC4098/LTC4098-1 - USB Compatible Switching Power Managers/Li-Ion Chargers with Overvoltage Protection
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LTC3112 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC4067 - USB Power Manager with OVP and Li-Ion/Polymer Charger
- LTC4099 - I2C Controlled USB Power Manager/Charger with Overvoltage Protection
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.