LTC4080 - 500mA Standalone Li-Ion Charger with Integrated 300mA Synchronous Buck
- Complete Linear Battery Charger with Integrated Buck Converter
- Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Operation with Thermal Feedback to Maximize Charge Rate Without Risk of Overheating
- Internal 4.5 Hour Safety Timer for Termination
- Charge Current Programmable Up to 500mA with 5% Accuracy
- C/10 Charge Current Detection Output
- 5µA Supply Current in Shutdown Mode
- High Efﬁciency Synchronous Buck Converter
- 300mA Output Current
- 2.7V to 4.5V Input Range (Powered from BAT Pin)
- 0.8V to VBAT Output Range
- MODE Pin Selects Fixed (2.25MHz) Constant-Frequency
- PWM Mode or Low ICC (23µA) Burst Mode® Operation
- 2µA BAT Current in Shutdown Mode
The LTC4080 is a complete constant-current / constant-voltage linear battery charger for a single-cell 4.2V lithium-ion battery with an integrated 300mA synchronous buck converter. The small packages and low external component count make the LTC4080 especially suitable for portable applications. Furthermore, LTC4080 is speciﬁ cally designed to work within USB power specifications.
The CHRG pin indicates when charge current has dropped to ten percent of its programmed value (C/10). An internal 4.5 hour timer terminates the charge cycle. The full-featured LTC4080 battery charger also includes trickle charge, automatic recharge and soft-start (to limit inrush current).
The LTC4080 integrates a synchronous buck converter that is powered from the BAT pin. It has an adjustable output voltage and can deliver up to 300mA of load current. The buck converter also features low-current high-efﬁciency Burst Mode operation that can be selected by the MODE pin.
The LTC4080 is available in 10-lead, low proﬁle (0.75 mm) 3mm × 3mm DFN and MSOP Exposed Pad packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC920A||LTC4080EDD Demo Board||$100.00|
- Wireless Headsets
- Bluetooth Applications
- Portable MP3 Players
- Multifunction Wristwatches
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4081 - 500mA Li-Ion Charger with NTC Input and 300mA Synchronous Buck
- LTC3550 - Dual Input USB/AC Adapter Li-Ion Battery Charger with 600mA Buck Converter
- LT1512 - SEPIC Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC3552 - Standalone Linear Li-Ion Battery Charger and Dual Synchronous Buck Converter
- LT1510 - Constant-Voltage/Constant-Current Battery Charger
- LTC3558 - Linear USB Battery Charger with Buck and Buck-Boost Regulators
- LTC3559/LT3559-1 - Linear USB Battery Charger with Dual Buck Regulators
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC4160 - Switching Power Manager with USB On-The-Go And Overvoltage Protection
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.