LTC4079 - 60V, 250mA Linear Charger with Low Quiescent Current
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.7V to 60V
- Adjustable Battery Voltage: 1.2V to 60V
- Adjustable Charge Current: 10mA to 250mA
- Low Quiescent Current While Charging: IIN = 4μA
- Ultralow Battery Drain When Shutdown or Charged: IBAT < 0.01μA
- Auto Recharge
- Input Voltage Regulation for High Impedance Sources
- Thermal Regulation Maximizes Output Current without Overheating
- Constant Voltage Feedback with ±0.5% Accuracy
- NTC Thermistor Input for Temperature Qualified Charging
- Adjustable Safety Timer
- Charging Status Indication
- Thermally Enhanced 10-Lead (3mm × 3mm) DFN Package
The LTC®4079 is a low quiescent current, high voltage linear charger for most battery chemistry types including Li-Ion/Polymer, Lead-Acid or NiMH battery stacks up to 60V. The maximum charge current is adjustable from 10mA to 250mA with an external resistor. The battery charge voltage is set using an external resistor divider.
With an integrated power device, current sensing and reverse current protection, a complete charging solution using the LTC4079 requires very few external components. Thermal regulation ensures maximum charge current up to the specified limit without the risk of overheating. Charging can be terminated by either C/10 or adjustable timer.
Input voltage regulation reduces charge current when the input voltage falls to an adjustable level or the battery voltage, making it well suited for energy harvesting applications. Other features include temperature qualified charging, bad battery detection, automatic recharge with sampled feedback in standby for negligible battery drain, and an open-drain CHRG status output. The device is offered in a compact, thermally enhanced 10-lead (3mm × 3mm) DFN package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2133A||LTC4079 Demo Board | 2.7V-60Vin, 250mA Linear Charger with Low Quiescent Current||$125.00|
- Embedded Automotive and Industrial
- Backup Battery Charging from Another Battery
- Energy Harvesting Charger
- Thin Film Battery Products
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT8490 - High Voltage, High Current Buck-Boost Battery Charge Controller with Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT1512 - SEPIC Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- LTC4121 - 40V 400mA Synchronous Step-Down Battery Charger
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A μModule (Power Module) Power Tracking Battery Charger
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LTC4120/LTC4120-4.2 - Wireless Power Receiver and 400mA Buck Battery Charger
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: