LTC4071 - Li-Ion/Polymer Shunt Battery Charger System with Low Battery Disconnect
- Charger Plus Pack Protection in One IC
- Low Operating Current (550nA)
- Near Zero Current (<0.1nA) Low Battery Disconnect Function to Protect Batteries from Over-Discharge
- Pin Selectable Low Battery Disconnect Level: 2.7V or 3.2V
- 1% Float Voltage Accuracy Over Temperature
- 50mA Maximum Internal Shunt Current
- Pin Selectable Float Voltage Options: 4.0V, 4.1V, 4.2V
- Ultralow Power Pulsed NTC Float Conditioning for Li-Ion/Polymer Protection
- Suitable for Intermittent, Continuous and Very Low Power Charging Sources
- High Battery Status Output
- Thermally Enhanced, Low Profile (0.75mm) 8-lead (2mm × 3mm) DFN and MSOP Packages
The LTC4071 allows simple charging of Li-Ion/Polymer batteries from very low current, intermittent or continuous charging sources. A near-zero current low battery latching disconnect function protects even the lowest capacity batteries from deep discharge and potentially irreparable damage. The 550nA to 50mA operating current makes charging possible from previously unusable sources. With its low operating current the LTC4071 is well suited to charge low capacity Li-Ion or thin film batteries in energy harvesting applications. The unique architecture of the LTC4071 allows for an extremely simple battery charger solution, requiring just one external resistor.
The LTC4071 offers a pin selectable float voltage with ±1% accuracy. The integrated thermal battery qualifier extends battery lifetime and improves reliability by automatically reducing the battery float voltage at NTC thermistor temperatures above 40°C. The LTC4071 also provides two pin selectable low battery disconnect levels and a high battery status output.
The device is offered in two thermally enhanced packages, a compact low profile (0.75mm) 8-lead (2mm × 3mm) DFN and an 8-lead MSOP package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1702A||LTC4071EDDB Demo Board||$100.00|
- Low Capacity, Li-Ion/Polymer Battery Back-Up
- Thin Film Batteries
- Energy Scavenging/Harvesting
- Solar Power Systems with Back-Up
- Memory Back-Up
- Embedded Automotive
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3588-1 - Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting Power Supply
- LTC4070 - Li-Ion/Polymer Shunt Battery Charger System
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC3109 - Auto-Polarity, Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LT1512 - SEPIC Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- LT3652HV - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger
- LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A uModule Power Tracking Battery Charger
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV