LTC4070 - Li-Ion/Polymer Shunt Battery Charger System
- Low Operating Current (450nA)
- 1% Float Voltage Accuracy Over Full Temperature and Shunt Current Range
- 50mA Maximum Internal Shunt Current
(500mA with External PFET)
- Pin Selectable Float Voltage Options:
4.0V, 4.1V, 4.2V
- Ultralow Power Pulsed NTC Float Conditioning for Li-Ion/Polymer Protection
- Suitable for Intermittent, Continuous and Very Low Power Charging Sources
- Low and High Battery Status Outputs
- Simple Low Voltage Load Disconnect Application
- Thermally Enhanced, Low Profile (0.75mm) 8-Lead (2mm x 3mm) DFN and MSOP Packages
The LTC®4070 allows simple charging of Li-Ion/Polymer batteries from very low current, intermittent or continuous charging sources. The 450nA to 50mA operating current makes charging possible from previously unusable sources. With the addition of an external pass device, shunt current may be boosted to 500mA. Stacked cell high voltage battery packs are inherently balanced with shunt charging. With its low operating current, the LTC4070 is well suited to charge thin film batteries in energy harvesting applications where charging sources may be intermittent or very low power. The unique architecture of the LTC4070 allows for an extremely simple battery charger solution; requiring just one external resistor.
The LTC4070 offers a pin selectable float voltage with 1% accuracy across the full range of operating temperature and shunt current. The integrated thermal battery qualifier extends battery lifetime and improves reliability by automatically reducing the battery float voltage at NTC thermistor temperatures above 40°C. The LTC4070 also provides both low and high battery status outputs. For applications requiring pack protection, see LTC4071.
The device is offered in two thermally enhanced packages, a compact low profile (0.75mm) 8-lead (2mm x 3mm) DFN and an 8-lead MSOP package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1584A||LTC4070EDDB Demo Board | Simple Low-IQ Battery Charger/Protector with NTC Thermistor Input||Contact Factory|
- Low Power Li-Ion/Polymer Battery Back-Up
- Solar Power Systems with Back-Up
- Memory Back-Up
- Embedded Automotive
- Thin Film Batteries
- Energy Scavenging/Harvesting
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4071 - Li-Ion/Polymer Shunt Battery Charger System with Low Battery Disconnect
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LTC3588-1 - Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting Power Supply
- LTC3109 - Auto-Polarity, Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3652HV - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger
- LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A uModule Power Tracking Battery Charger
- LT1512 - SEPIC Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV