LTC4066 - USB Power Manager with Low-Loss Ideal Diode and Li-Ion Battery Charger
- Seamless Transition Between Input Power Sources:
Li-Ion Battery, USB and 5V Wall Adapter
- Low Loss (50mΩ) Ideal Diode Path from BAT to OUT
- Programmable Charge Current Detection (CHRG)
- Load Dependent Charging Guarantees USB Input Current Compliance
- Analog Gas Gauge Function
- Charges Single Cell Li-Ion Batteries Directly from USB Port
- Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Operation with Thermal Feedback to Maximize Charging Rate Without Risk of Overheating*
- Selectable 100% or 20% Current Limit (e.g., 500mA/100mA)
- Termination Timer Adapts to Actual Charge Current
- Preset 4.2V Charge Voltage with 0.8% Accuracy (4.1V for LTC4066-1)
- NTC Thermistor Input for Temperature Qualiﬁed Charging
- Thin Proﬁle (0.75mm) 24-Lead 4mm x 4mm QFN Package
- Ultrathin Proﬁle (0.55mm) 24-Lead 4mm x 4mm UTQFN Package (LTC4066 Only)
DescriptionThe LTC4066/LTC4066-1 are USB power managers and Li-Ion battery chargers designed to work in portable battery-powered applications. The parts control the total current used by the USB peripheral for operation and battery charging. The total input current can be limited to 100mA, 500mA or “unlimited” (i.e., above 2A). Battery charge current is automatically reduced such that the sum of the load current and the charge current does not exceed the programmed input current limit.
The LTC4066/LTC4066-1 include a standalone constant-current / constant-voltage linear charger for single cell Li-ion batteries. The ﬂoat voltage applied to the battery is held to a tight 0.8% tolerance, and charge current is programmable using an external resistor to ground. A programmable end-of-charge status output (CHRG) indicates full charge. BAT pin charge and discharge cur- rents can be monitored via an analog output (ISTAT). Total charge time is programmable by an external capacitor to ground. When the battery drops 100mV below the ﬂoat voltage, automatic recharging of the battery occurs. Also featured is an NTC thermistor input used to monitor bat- tery temperature while charging.
The LTC4066/LTC4066-1 are available in a 24-pin thin proﬁle (0.75mm) 4mm x 4mm QFN package. The LTC4066 is also available in a 24-pin ultrathin proﬁle (0.55mm) 4mm x 4mm UTQFN package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC848A||LTC4066EUF | USB Power Manager and Li-Ion Charger||$150.00|
- Portable USB Devices
- GPS, Cameras, Broadband Wireless Modems
- Mulitple Input Chargers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4160 - Switching Power Manager with USB On-The-Go And Overvoltage Protection
- LTC4085 - USB Power Manager with Ideal Diode Controller and Li-Ion Charger
- LTC4055/LTC4055-1 - USB Power Controller and Li-Ion Linear Charger
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC4088 - High Efficiency Battery Charger/USB Power Manager
- LTC4155 - Dual Input Power Manager/ 3.5A Li-Ion Battery Charger with I2C Control and USB OTG
- LTC4067 - USB Power Manager with OVP and Li-Ion/Polymer Charger
- LTC4099 - I2C Controlled USB Power Manager/Charger with Overvoltage Protection
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC4098/LTC4098-1 - USB Compatible Switching Power Managers/Li-Ion Chargers with Overvoltage Protection
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!