LTC4053-4.2 - USB Compatible Lithium-Ion Battery Charger with Thermal Regulation
- Charges Single-Cell Li-Ion Batteries Directly from USB Port
- Thermal Regulation Maximizes Charging Rate without Risk of Overheating*
- Programmable Charge Current with 7% Accuracy
- Low Dropout Operation
- No External MOSFET, Sense Resistor or Blocking Diode Required
- Programmable Charge Termination Timer
- Preset Charge Voltage with ±1% Accuracy
- C/10 Charge Current Detection Output
- AC Present Logic Output
- 25µA Supply Current in Shutdown Mode
- Automatic Recharge
- Tiny Thermally Enhanced 10-Pin MSOP Package
- Charge Current Monitor Useful for Gas Gauging*
- Thermistor Input for Temperature Qualified Charging
The LTC4053 is a standalone linear charger for lithiumion batteries that can be powered directly from a USB port. The IC contains an on-chip power MOSFET and eliminates the need for an external sense resistor and blocking diode. Thermal regulation automatically adjusts charge current to limit die temperature during high power or high ambient temperature conditions. This feature protects the end product and the LTC4053 from thermal stress while the IC charges the battery at maximum rate without interruption.
The charge current and charge time can be set externally with a single resistor and capacitor, respectively. When the input supply (wall adapter or USB supply) is removed, the LTC4053 automatically enters a low current sleep mode, dropping the battery drain current to less than 5µA.
The LTC4053 also includes NTC temperature sensing, C/10 detection circuitry, AC present logic, low battery charge conditioning (trickle charging) and shutdown (25µA supply current).
The LTC4053 is available in a 10-pin thermally enhanced MSOP package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC567A||LTC4053EMSE-4.2 LTC4410ES6 | USB Compliant Battery Charger, 4.25 to 6Vin, Jumper selectable, 100mA or 500mA||$100.00|
|DC705A||LTC4053EMSE-4.2 | Li-Ion Battery Charger, Vin = 4.25V to 6.3V, Bat = 4.2V @ 0.5A / 1A||$100.00|
- Cellular Telephones
- Handheld Computers
- Charging Docks and Cradles
- MP3 Players
- Digital Cameras
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4054-4.2 - Standalone Linear Li-Ion Battery Charger with Thermal Regulation in ThinSOT
- LT1512 - SEPIC Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC1731-4.X - Single Cell Lithium-Ion Linear Battery Charger Controllers
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC4002 - Standalone Li-Ion Switch Mode Battery Charger
- LTC4071 - Li-Ion/Polymer Shunt Battery Charger System with Low Battery Disconnect
- LT1510 - Constant-Voltage/Constant-Current Battery Charger
- LTC1733 - Monolithic Linear Lithium-Ion Battery Charger with Thermal Regulation
- LT1513 - SEPIC Constant- or Programmable-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.