LTC4052-4.2 - Lithium-Ion Battery Pulse Charger with Overcurrent Protection
- Very Low Power Dissipation: 350mW at 1A
- Complete Standalone Pulse Charger for 1-Cell Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Requires No Microcontroller, MOSFET or Blocking Diode
- Sense Resistor Limits Maximum Current for Safety
- Programmable Charge Termination Timer for
Maximum Capacity Charging
- ±1% Float Voltage Accuracy
- Near End-of-Charge (C/10) Detection Output
- AC Wall Adapter Present Output
- Low Battery Drain when Input Supply Is Removed
- Automatic Trickle Charge for Low Battery
- Automatic Battery Refresh
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Tiny Thermally Enhanced MSOP Package
The LTC4052 is a complete standalone pulse charger with integrated MOSFET for 1-cell lithium-ion batteries.
An external sense resistor provides overcurrent limiting as a safety precaution against a user connecting a wall adapter with the incorrect or no current limit. The internal MOSFET prevents reverse battery current from flowing if the input voltage is shorted to ground, eliminating the need for a blocking diode.
As the battery accepts charge and approaches the programmed float voltage, the internal MOSFET begins switching off and on with the duty cycle gradually decreasing as the battery approaches a fully charged condition. A programmable timer terminates the charge cycle. The near end-of-charge C/10 condition is indicated at the CHRG pin when the average charge current falls to one tenth of the wall adapter current. Removing the input voltage puts the LTC4052 into a sleep mode, dropping the battery current drain to less than 1µA.
The LTC4052 is available in a tiny 8-pin thermally enhanced MSOP package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC531A-A||LTC4052EMS8E-4.2 | Li-Ion Battery Pulse Charger, V||$100.00|
- Handheld Computers
- Cellular Telephones
- Cradle Chargers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC1730 - Lithium-Ion Battery Pulse Chargers with Overcurrent Protection
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT1513 - SEPIC Constant- or Programmable-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC4054-4.2 - Standalone Linear Li-Ion Battery Charger with Thermal Regulation in ThinSOT
- LTC4002 - Standalone Li-Ion Switch Mode Battery Charger
- LTC4071 - Li-Ion/Polymer Shunt Battery Charger System with Low Battery Disconnect
- LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A uModule Power Tracking Battery Charger
- LT3652HV - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.