LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- Wide Voltage Range: 4.5V to 55V Input, Up to 55V Output (60V Absolute Maximums)
- Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Controller
- Li-Ion and Lead-Acid Charge Algorithms
- ±0.5% Float Voltage Accuracy
- ±5% Charge Current Accuracy
- Instant-On for Heavily Discharged Batteries
- Ideal Diode Controller Provides Low Loss PowerPath When Input Power is Limited
- Input Voltage Regulation for High Impedance Input Supplies and Solar Panel Peak Power Operation
- Onboard Timer for Protection and Termination
- Bad Battery Detection with Auto-Reset
- NTC Input for Temperature Qualified Charging
- Binary Coded Open-Collector Status Pins
- Low Profile (0.75mm) 38-Pin 5mm × 7mm QFN Package
The LTC®4020 is a high voltage power manager providing PowerPath™ instant-on operation and high efficiency battery charging over a wide voltage range. An onboard buck-boost DC/DC controller operates with battery and/or system voltages above, below, or equal to the input voltage.
The LTC4020 seamlessly manages power distribution between battery and converter outputs in response to load variations, battery charge requirements and input power supply limitations.
The LTC4020 battery charger can provide a constant-current/ constant-voltage charge algorithm (CC/CV), constantcurrent charging (CC), or charging with an optimized 4-step, 3-stage lead-acid battery charge profile. Maximum converter and battery charge currents are resistor programmable.
The IC's instant-on operation ensures system load power even with a fully discharged battery. Additional safety features include preconditioning for heavily discharged batteries and an integrated timer for termination and protection.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2044A||LTC4020EUHF Demo Board | Multi-Chemistry 15V to 55VIN, Buck-Boost Battery Charger: up to 25.2Vbat @3.3A||$200.00|
|DC2134A||LTC4020EUHF Demo Board | 15V to 55VIN, 6.3A Multi-Chemistry, Buck-Boost Battery Charger, up to 25.2Vbat||$250.00|
- Portable Industrial and Medical Equipment
- Solar-Powered Systems
- Military Communications Equipment
- 12V to 24V Embedded Automotive Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8490 - High Voltage, High Current Buck-Boost Battery Charge Controller with Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LTC4000-1 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging with Maximum Power Point Control
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.