LTC4009 - High Efficiency, Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- General Purpose Battery Charger Controller
- Efficient 550kHz Synchronous Buck PWM Topology
- ±0.5% Output Float Voltage Accuracy
- Programmable Charge Current: 4% Accuracy
- Programmable AC Adapter Current Limit: 3% Accuracy
- No Audible Noise with Ceramic Capacitors
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 6V to 28V
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 2V to 28V
- Indicator Outputs for AC Adapter Present, Charging, C/10 Current Detection and Input Current Limiting
- Analog Charge Current Monitor
- Micropower Shutdown
- Thermally Enhanced 20-Pin 4mm × 4mm × 0.75mm QFN Package
The LTC4009 is a constant-current/constant-voltage battery charger controller. It uses a synchronous quasiconstant frequency PWM control architecture that will not generate audible noise with ceramic bulk capacitors. Charge current is set by the combination of external sense, input and programming resistors. With no built-in termination, the LTC4009 family charges a wide range of batteries under external control.
The LTC4009 features a fully adjustable output voltage, while the LTC4009-1 and LTC4009-2 can be pin-programmed for lithium-ion/polymer battery packs of 1-, 2-, 3- or 4-series cells. The LTC4009-1 provides output voltage of 4.1V/cell, and the LTC4009-2 is a 4.2V/cell version.
The device includes AC adapter input current limiting which maximizes the charge rate for a fixed input power level. An external sense resistor programs the input current limit, and the ICL status pin indicates when the battery charge current is being reduced as a result of AC adapter current limiting.
The CHRG status pin is active during all charging modes, including special indication for low charge current.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1104A||LTC4009CUF-1/-2 Demo Board | Multi-Chemistry, 2A Sync Buck Battery Charger, 1.35V ≤ VIN ≤ 20V||$125.00|
|DC1223A-B||USB to SM-Bus/SPI Interface with Monitor||$400.00|
- Notebook Computers
- Portable Instruments
- Battery Backup Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC4012 - High Efficiency, Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger with PowerPath Control
- LTC4008 - 4A, High Efficiency, Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3652HV - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger
- LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A uModule Power Tracking Battery Charger
- LT1513 - SEPIC Constant- or Programmable-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.