LTC4000-1 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging with Maximum Power Point Control
- Maximum Power Control: Solar Panel Input Compatible
- Complete High Performance Battery Charger When Paired with a DC/DC Converter
- Wide Input and Output Voltage Range: 3V to 60V
- Input Ideal Diode for Low Loss Reverse Blocking and Load Sharing
- Output Ideal Diode for Low Loss PowerPath™ and Load Sharing with the Battery
- Programmable Charge Current: ±1% Accuracy
- ±0.25% Accurate Programmable Float Voltage
- Programmable C/X or Timer Based Charge Termination
- NTC Input for Temperature Qualified Charging
- 28-Lead 4mm × 5mm QFN or SSOP Packages
The LTC®4000-1 is a high voltage, high performance controller that converts many externally compensated DC/DC power supplies into full-featured battery chargers with maximum power point control. In contrast to the LTC4000, the LTC4000-1 has an input voltage regulation loop instead of the input current regulation loop.
Features of the LTC4000-1’s battery charger include: accurate (±0.25%) programmable float voltage, selectable timer or current termination, temperature qualified charging using an NTC thermistor, automatic recharge, C/10 trickle charge for deeply discharged cells, bad battery detection and status indicator outputs. The battery charger also includes precision current sensing that allows lower sense voltages for high current applications.
The LTC4000-1 supports intelligent PowerPath control. An external PFET provides low loss reverse current protection. Another external PFET provides low loss charging or discharging of the battery. This second PFET also facilitates an instant-on feature that provides immediate downstream system power even when connected to a heavily discharged or shorted battery.
The LTC4000-1 is available in a low profile 28-lead 4mm × 5mm QFN and SSOP packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1721B-B||LTC4000-1 Demo Board u Battery Charger Controller and PowerPath Manager with Maximum Power Point Control||Contact Factory|
|DC1830B-C||LTC4000EUFD-1 Demo Board I Battery Charger Controller and PowerPath Manager with Maximum Power Point Control||$250.00|
- Solar Powered Battery Charger Systems
- Battery Charger with High Impedance Input Source, e.g., Fuel Cell or Wind Turbine
- Battery Equipped Industrial or Portable Military Equipments
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A uModule Power Tracking Battery Charger
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT1512 - SEPIC Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- LT3652HV - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV