LTC4000-1 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging with Maximum Power Point Control
- Maximum Power Control: Solar Panel Input Compatible
- Complete High Performance Battery Charger When Paired with a DC/DC Converter
- Wide Input and Output Voltage Range: 3V to 60V
- Input Ideal Diode for Low Loss Reverse Blocking and Load Sharing
- Output Ideal Diode for Low Loss PowerPath™ and Load Sharing with the Battery
- Programmable Charge Current: ±1% Accuracy
- ±0.25% Accurate Programmable Float Voltage
- Programmable C/X or Timer Based Charge Termination
- NTC Input for Temperature Qualified Charging
- 28-Lead 4mm × 5mm QFN or SSOP Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC®4000-1 is a high voltage, high performance controller that converts many externally compensated DC/DC power supplies into full-featured battery chargers with maximum power point control. In contrast to the LTC4000, the LTC4000-1 has an input voltage regulation loop instead of the input current regulation loop.
Features of the LTC4000-1’s battery charger include: accurate (±0.25%) programmable float voltage, selectable timer or current termination, temperature qualified charging using an NTC thermistor, automatic recharge, C/10 trickle charge for deeply discharged cells, bad battery detection and status indicator outputs. The battery charger also includes precision current sensing that allows lower sense voltages for high current applications.
The LTC4000-1 supports intelligent PowerPath control. An external PFET provides low loss reverse current protection. Another external PFET provides low loss charging or discharging of the battery. This second PFET also facilitates an instant-on feature that provides immediate downstream system power even when connected to a heavily discharged or shorted battery.
The LTC4000-1 is available in a low profile 28-lead 4mm × 5mm QFN and SSOP packages.
|Input Voltage Regulation MPPC||No||Yes|
|Input Current Monitoring||Yes||Yes|
|Input Current Regulation||Yes||No|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1721B-B||LTC4000-1 Demo Board | 6V ≤ VIN ≤ 36V, Buck-Boost Battery Charger Controller with MPPC and PowerPath Manager, Vout = 14.6V @ 5A||$250.00|
|DC1830B-C||LTC4000EUFD-1 Demo Board I 20V ≤ VIN ≤ 60V, Battery Charger Controller and PowerPath Manager, MPPC, Vout = 14.6V @ 5A||$250.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Solar Powered Battery Charger Systems
- Battery Charger with High Impedance Input Source, e.g., Fuel Cell or Wind Turbine
- Battery Equipped Industrial or Portable Military Equipments
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT8490 - High Voltage, High Current Buck-Boost Battery Charge Controller with Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3652HV - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger
- LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A μModule (Power Module) Power Tracking Battery Charger
- LT1512 - SEPIC Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: