LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- Complete High Performance Battery Charger When Paired with a DC/DC Converter
- Wide Input and Output Voltage Range: 3V to 60V
- Input Ideal Diode for Low Loss Reverse Blocking and Load Sharing
- Output Ideal Diode for Low Loss PowerPath™ and Load Sharing with the Battery
- Instant-On Operation with Heavily Discharged Battery
- Programmable Input and Charge Current: ±1% Accuracy
- ±0.25% Accurate Programmable Float Voltage
- Programmable C/X or Timer Based Charge Termination
- NTC Input for Temperature Qualified Charging
- 28-Lead 4mm × 5mm QFN or SSOP Packages
The LTC®4000 is a high voltage, high performance controller that converts many externally compensated DC/DC power supplies into full-featured battery chargers.
Features of the LTC4000’s battery charger include: accurate (±0.25%) programmable float voltage, selectable timer or current termination, temperature qualified charging using an NTC thermistor, automatic recharge, C/10 trickle charge for deeply discharged cells, bad battery detection and status indicator outputs. The battery charger also includes precision current sensing that allows lower sense voltages for high current applications.
The LTC4000 supports intelligent PowerPath control. An external PFET provides low loss reverse current protection. Another external PFET provides low loss charging or discharging of the battery. This second PFET also facilitates an instant-on feature that provides immediate downstream system power even when connected to a heavily discharged or short faulted battery.
The LTC4000 is available in a low profile 28-lead 4mm × 5mm QFN and SSOP packages.
|Input Voltage Regulation MPPC||No||Yes|
|Input Current Monitoring||Yes||Yes|
|Input Current Regulation||Yes||No|
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1721A||LTC4000EGN/LTC3789EGN Demo Board u 14.6V, 5A Battery Charger with 6VIN to 36VIN Buck-Boost Converter||$250.00|
|DC1830A-B||LTC4000EUFD Demo Board I Battery Charger Controller (no PowerPath Manager)||$250.00|
- High Power Battery Charger Systems
- High Performance Portable Instruments
- Industrial Battery Equipped Devices
- Notebook/Subnotebook Computers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LTC4000-1 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging with Maximum Power Point Control
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A μModule (Power Module) Power Tracking Battery Charger
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT1512 - SEPIC Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: