LTC3900 - Synchronous Rectifier Driver for Forward Converters
- N-Channel Synchronous Rectifier MOSFET Driver
- Programmable Timeout Protection
- Reverse Inductor Current Protection
- Pulse Transformer Synchronization
- Wide VCC Supply Range: 4.5V to 11V
- 15ns Rise/Fall Times at VCC = 5V, CL = 4700pF
- Undervoltage Lockout
- Small SO-8 Package
The LTC®3900 is a secondary-side synchronous rectifier driver designed to be used in isolated forward converter power supplies. The chip drives N-channel rectifier MOSFETs and accepts pulse sychronization from the primary-side controller via a pulse transformer.
The LTC3900 incorporates a full range of protection for the external MOSFETs. A programmable timeout function is included that disables both drivers when the synchronization signal is missing or incorrect. Additionally, the chip senses the output inductor current through the drainsource resistance of the catch MOSFET, shutting off the MOSFET if the inductor current reverses. The LTC3900 also shuts off the drivers if the supply voltage is too low.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1317A-C||LT1952EGN-1/LTC3900 Demo Board | Active Reset, Vin=18V-72V Vout=12V @ 10A||$175.00|
|DC1317A-G||LT1952EGN-1/LTC3900 Demo Board | Active Reset, Vin=9V-36V Vout=12V @ 5A||$175.00|
|DC677A||LT1952-1EGN-1, LTC3900ES Demo Board | Vin=36V-75V, Vout=3.3V @ 50A||Contact Factory|
|DC968A-A||LT1952EGN-1, LTC3900CS8, LT4430ES6 Demo Board | Vin=34V-75V Vout=3.3V @ 30A||$150.00|
|DC968A-B||LT1952EGN-1, LTC3900CS8, LT4430ES6 Demo Board | Vin=18V-36V, Vout=5V @ 20A||$175.00|
|DC968A-C||LT1952EGN-1, LTC3900CS8, LT4430ES6 Demo Board | Vin=36V-75V, Vout=12V @ 12A||$150.00|
|DC968A-D||LT1952EGN-1, LTC3900CS8, LT4430ES6 Demo Board | Vin=36V-75V, Vout=28V @ 4A||$175.00|
- 48V Input Isolated DC/DC Converters
- Isolated Telecom Power Supplies
- High Voltage Distributed Power Step-Down Converters
- Industrial Control System Power Supplies
- Automotive and Heavy Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT3748 - 100V Isolated Flyback Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3798 - Isolated No Opto-Coupler Flyback Controller with Active PFC
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT8309 - Secondary-Side Synchronous Rectifier Driver
- LT1952 - Single Switch Synchronous Forward Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: