LTC3896 - 150V Low IQ, Synchronous Inverting DC/DC Controller
- Wide VIN + |VOUT–| Range: 4V to 140V (150V Abs Max)
- Wide Output Voltage Range: –60V to –0.8V
- Ground-Referenced Control / Interface Pins
- Adjustable Gate Drive Level 5V to 10V (OPTI-DRIVE)
- Integrated Bootstrap Diode
- Low Operating IQ: 40μA (Shutdown = 10μA)
- Selectable Gate Drive UVLO Thresholds
- Onboard LDO or External NMOS LDO for DRVCC
- EXTVCC LDO Powers Drivers from Output
- Phase-Lockable Frequency (75kHz to 850kHz)
- Programmable Fixed Frequency (50kHz to 900kHz)
- Selectable Continuous, Pulse-Skipping or Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation at Light Loads
- Adjustable Burst Clamp and Current Limit
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Programmable Input Overvoltage Lockout
- 38-Lead TSSOP High Voltage Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC®3896 is a high performance inverting DC/DC switching regulator controller that drives an all N-channel synchronous power MOSFET stage. It converts a wideranging positive input voltage source to a regulated negative output that can be as much as 60V below ground. The input can operate from a voltage as low as 4V and as high as 140V – |VOUT–|.
The LTC3896 contains true ground-referenced RUN, PLLIN and PGOOD pins, eliminating the need for external discrete level-shifting components to interface with the LTC3896.
A constant frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable frequency of up to 850kHz. The low 40μA no-load quiescent current extends operating run time in battery-powered systems. OPTI-LOOP® compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. The LTC3896 features a precision 0.8V reference and power good output indicator. The soft-start (SS) pin ramps the output voltage during start-up.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2447A||LTC3896EFE Demo Board | Sync Inverting Controller, 7V ≤ VIN ≤ 72V; Vout = -12V @ 5A||$225.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Automotive and Industrial Power Systems
- Telecommunications Power Supplies
- Distributed Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3895 - 150V Low IQ, Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8331 - Low IQ Boost/SEPIC/ Flyback/Inverting Converter with 0.5A, 140V Switch
- LT8710 - Synchronous SEPIC/ Inverting/Boost Controller with Output Current Control
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC7149 - 60V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator for Inverting Outputs
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.