LTC3895 - 150V Low IQ, Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- Wide VIN Range: 4V to 140V (150V Abs Max)
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.8V to 60V
- Adjustable Gate Drive Level: 5V to 10V (OPTI-DRIVE)
- Low Operating IQ: 40μA (Shutdown = 10μA)
- 100% Duty Cycle Operation
- No External Bootstrap Diode Required
- Selectable Gate Drive UVLO Thresholds
- Onboard LDO or External NMOS LDO for DRVCC
- EXTVCC LDO Powers Drivers from VOUT
- Phase-Lockable Frequency (75kHz to 850kHz)
- Programmable Fixed Frequency (50kHz to 900kHz)
- Selectable Continuous, Pulse-Skipping or Low Ripple
- Burst Mode® Operation at Light Loads
- Adjustable Burst Clamp and Current Limit
- Adjustable or Fixed (5V/3.3V) Output Voltage
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Programmable Input Overvoltage Lockout
- 38-Lead TSSOP High Voltage Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC®3895 is a high performance step-down switching regulator DC/DC controller that drives an all N-channel synchronous power MOSFET stage that can operate from input voltages up to 140V. A constant frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable frequency of up to 850kHz.
The gate drive voltage can be programmed from 5V to 10V to allow the use of logic or standard-level FETs to maximize efficiency. An integrated switch in the top gate driver eliminates the need for an external bootstrap diode. An internal charge pump allows for 100% duty cycle operation.
The low 40μA no-load quiescent current extends operating run time in battery-powered systems. OPTI-LOOP® compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. The LTC3895 features a precision 0.8V reference and power good output indicator. The output voltage can be programmed between 0.8V to 60V using external resistors or pin-programmed for a fixed 5V or 3.3V.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2117A||LTC3895EFE Demo Board | Sync Buck, 14V ≤ VIN ≤ 130V, 150V pk; VOUT = 12V @ 5A||$225.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Automotive and Industrial Power Systems
- High Voltage Battery Operated Systems
- Telecommunications Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3810 - 100V Current Mode Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3748 - 100V Isolated Flyback Controller
- LTC3892 - 60V Low IQ, Dual, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8631 - 100V, 1A Synchronous Micropower Step-Down Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: