LTC3892 - 60V Low IQ, Dual, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 60V (65V Abs Max)
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.8V ≤ VOUT ≤ 99% • VIN
- Adjustable Gate Drive Level 5V to 10V (OPTI-DRIVE)
- No External Bootstrap Diodes Required
- Low Operating IQ: 29μA (One Channel On)
- Selectable Gate Drive UVLO Thresholds
- Out-of-Phase Operation Reduces Required Input Capacitance and Power Supply Induced Noise
- Phase-Lockable Frequency: 75kHz to 850kHz
- Selectable Continuous, Pulse Skipping or Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation at Light Loads
- Selectable Current Limit (LTC3892/LTC3892-2)
- Very Low Dropout Operation: 99% Duty Cycle
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitors (LTC3892/LTC3892-2)
- Low Shutdown IQ: 3.6μA
- Small 32-Lead 5mm × 5mm QFN Package (LTC3892/ LTC3892-2) or TSSOP Package (LTC3892-1)
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC®3892/LTC3892-1/LTC3892-2 is a high performance dual step-down DC/DC switching regulator controller that drives all N-channel synchronous power MOSFET stages. Power loss and noise are minimized by operating the two controller output stages out-of-phase.
The gate drive voltage can be programmed from 5V to 10V to allow the use of logic or standard-level FETs and to maximize efficiency. Internal switches in the top gate drivers eliminate the need for external bootstrap diodes.
A wide 4.5V to 60V input supply range encompasses a wide range of intermediate bus voltages and battery chemistries. Output voltages up to 99% of VIN can be regulated. OPTILOOP® compensation allows the transient response and loop stability to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values.
The 29μA no-load quiescent current extends operating run time in battery powered systems. For a comparision of the LTC3892 to the LTC3892-1 and LTC3892-2, see Table 1 in the Pin Functions section of this data sheet.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricingsales office or authorized distributor.
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1998A||LTC3892EUHF Demo Board | Dual Sync Buck Controller, 6V ≤ VIN ≤ 60V; VOUT1 = 5V @ 8A, VOUT2 = 12V @ 5A||$175.00|
|DC2190A-A||LTC3892EFE-1 Demo Board | LTC3892-1(x2) 4-Phase Buck Controller, 16V ≤ VIN ≤ 55V; VOUT = 12V @ 60A||$275.00|
|DC2190A-B||LTC3892EFE-1 Demo Board | 2-Phase Buck Controller, 16V ≤ VIN ≤ 55V; VOUT = 12V @ 30A||Contact Factory|
|DC2493A||LTC3892EUH-2 Demo Board | 2-Phase Sync Buck Controller, 16V ≤ VIN ≤ 55V; VOUT = 12V @ 30A||$200.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
sales office or authorized distributor.
- Automotive and Industrial Power Systems
- Distributed DC Power Systems
- High Voltage Battery Operated Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3886 - 60V Dual Output Step-Down Controller with Digital Power System Management
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC3899 - 60V Low IQ, Triple Output, Buck/Buck/Boost Synchronous Controller
- LTC3890 - 60V Low IQ, Dual, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT8640/LT8640-1 - 42V, 5A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: