LTC3891 - Low IQ, 60V Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- Wide VIN Range: 4V to 60V (65V Abs Max)
- Low Operating IQ: 50μA
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.8V ≤ VOUT ≤ 24V
- RSENSE or DCR Current Sensing
- Phase-Lockable Frequency (75kHz to 750kHz)
- Programmable Fixed Frequency (50kHz to 900kHz)
- Selectable Continuous, Pulse-Skipping or Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation at Light Load
- Selectable Current Limit
- Very Low Dropout Operation: 99% Duty Cycle
- Adjustable Output Voltage Soft-Start or Tracking
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Low Shutdown IQ: < 14μA
- Internal LDO Powers Gate Drive from VIN or EXTVCC
- No Current Foldback During Start-Up
- Small 20-Pin 3mm × 4mm QFN and TSSOP Packages
The LTC3891 is a high performance step-down switching regulator DC/DC controller that drives an all N-channel synchronous power MOSFET stage. A constant frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable frequency of up to 750kHz.
The 50μA no-load quiescent current extends operating run time in battery-powered systems. OPTI-LOOP® compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. The LTC3891 features a precision 0.8V reference and power good output indicator. A wide 4V to 60V input supply range encompasses a wide range of intermediate bus voltages and battery chemistries. The output voltage of the LTC3891 can be programmed between 0.8V to 24V.
The TRACK/SS pin ramps the output voltages during start-up. Current foldback limits MOSFET heat dissipation during short-circuit conditions. The PLLIN/MODE pin selects among Burst Mode operation, pulse-skipping mode, or continuous conduction mode at light loads.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1695A||OBSOLETE PLEASE USE DC1695B||Contact Factory|
|DC1695B||LTC3891EFE Demo Board | 4.5V < VIN < 60V; VOUT = 3||$150.00|
|DC1940A||LTC3891EUDC Demo Board: 16V to 60V input to 12V ou||$175.00|
- Automotive Always-On Systems
- Battery Powered Digital Devices
- Distributed DC Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3824 - High Voltage Step-Down Controller With 40µA Quiescent Current
- LT3724 - High Voltage, Current Mode Switching Regulator Controller
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3890 - 60V Low IQ, Dual, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- LTM8027 - 60V, 4A DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LTC3810 - 100V Current Mode Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LT3690 - 36V, 4A, 1.5MHz Synchronous Step-Down Switching Regulator with 70μA Quiescent Current
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV