LTC3890 - 60V Low IQ, Dual, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- Wide VIN Range: 4V to 60V (65V Abs Max)
- Low Operating IQ: 50μA (One Channel On)
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.8V ≤ VOUT ≤ 24V
- RSENSE or DCR Current Sensing
- Out-of-Phase Controllers Reduce Required Input Capacitance and Power Supply Induced Noise
- Phase-Lockable Frequency (75kHz to 850kHz)
- Programmable Fixed Frequency (50kHz to 900kHz)
- Selectable Continuous, Pulse-Skipping or Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation at Light Loads
- Selectable Current Limit
- Very Low Dropout Operation: 99% Duty Cycle
- Adjustable Output Voltage Soft-Start or Tracking
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitors
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Low Shutdown IQ : < 14μA
- Internal LDO Powers Gate Drive from VIN or EXTVCC
- No Current Foldback During Start-Up
- Small Low Profile (0.75mm) 5mm × 5mm QFN Package
The LTC®3890 is a high performance dual step-down switching regulator DC/DC controller that drives all N-channel synchronous power MOSFET stages. A constant frequency current mode architecture allows a phase lockable frequency of up to 850kHz. Power loss and noise due to the ESR of the input capacitor are minimized by operating the two controller output stages out-of-phase.
The 50μA no-load quiescent current extends operating run time in battery-powered systems. OPTI-LOOP® compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. The LTC3890 features a precision 0.8V reference and power good output indicators. A wide 4V to 60V input supply range encompasses a wide range of intermediate bus voltages and battery chemistries.
Independent TRACK/SS pins for each controller ramp the output voltages during start-up. Current foldback limits MOSFET heat dissipation during short-circuit conditions. The PLLIN/MODE pin selects among Burst Mode operation, pulse-skipping mode, or continuous conduction mode at light loads. For a leaded package version (28-lead Narrow SSOP), see the LTC3890-1 data sheet.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1804A||LTC3890EUH Demo Board VIN = 16V to 60V, VOUT = 12V @ 25A||$200.00|
- Automotive Always-On Systems
- Battery Operated Digital Devices
- Distributed DC Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3890-1 - 60V Low IQ, Dual, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- LTC3891 - Low IQ, 60V Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3810 - 100V Current Mode Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LTC3703 - 100V Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV