LTC3884 - Dual Output PolyPhase Step-Down Controller with Sub-Milliohm DCR Sensing and Digital Power System Management
- PMBus/I2C Compliant Serial Interface
– Telemetry Read-Back Includes VIN, IIN, VOUT, IOUT, Temperature and Faults
– Programmable Voltage, Current Limit, Digital Soft- Start/Stop, Sequencing, Margining, OV/UV/OC
- Sub-Milliohm DCR Current Sensing
- Digitally Adjustable Loop Compensation Parameters
- ±0.5% Output Voltage Accuracy Over Temperature
- Integrated Input Current Sense Amplifier
- Internal EEPROM and Fault Logging
- Integrated N-Channel MOSFET Gate Drivers
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 38V
- VOUT Range: 0.5V to 3.5V (with Low DCR Setting); 0.5V to 5.5V (without Low DCR Setting)
- Accurate PolyPhase® Current Sharing for Up to 6 Phases
- Available in a 48-Lead (7mm × 7mm) QFN Package
The LTC®3884 is a dual output PolyPhase DC/DC synchronous step-down switching regulator controller with an I2C-based PMBus compliant serial interface. The controller employs a constant-frequency current mode architecture, together with a unique scheme to provide excellent performance for sub-milliohm DCR applications. The LTC3884 is supported by the LTpowerPlay® software development tool with graphical user interface (GUI).
Programmable loop compensation allows the controller to be compensated digitally. Switching frequency, channel phasing output voltage, and device address can be programmed both by the digital interface as well as external configuration resistors. Additionally, parameters can be set via the digital interface or stored in EEPROM. Both outputs have independent power good indicators and FAULT function.
The LTC3884 can be configured for discontinuous (pulseskipping) mode or continuous inductor current mode.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2084A||LTC3884EUK/LTC3874EUFD Demo Board | PolyPhase Digital PSM Buck with Sub-mΩ DCR Sensing Plus Two Slave Controllers, 10V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V, Vout = 0.5V to 1.5V @ 240A||Contact Factory|
|DC2165A||LTC3884EUK Demo Board | Dual PMBus Buck, 4.5V ≤ Vin ≤ 14V, Vout0/Vout1 = 0.5V to 1.8V @ 30A||$200.00|
|DC2283A||LTC3884EUK Demo Board | LTC3884(x2) 4-Phase PMBus Buck, 7V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V; 0.5V ≤ VOUT ≤ 1.5V @ 160A||Contact Factory|
|DC2298A||LTC3884 Demo Board I Programming Clamshell Socketed Demo Board||Contact Factory|
|DC1613A||USB-to-PMBus Controller for Use with LTpowerPlay||$50.00|
- Telecom, Datacom, and Storage Systems
- Industrial and Point-of-Load Applications
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3886 - 60V Dual Output Step-Down Controller with Digital Power System Management
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC3880 - Dual Output PolyPhase Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Digital Power System Management
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LTM4676 - Dual 13A or Single 26A μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Digital Power System Management
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: