LTC3883/LTC3883-1- Single Phase Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Digital Power System Management
- PMBus/I2C Compliant Serial Interface
– Telemetry Read-Back Includes VIN, IIN, VOUT, IOUT, Temperature and Faults
– Programmable Voltage, Current Limit, Digital Soft-Start/Stop, Sequencing, Margining, OV/UV/OC and Frequency Synchronization (250kHz to 1MHz)
- ±0.5% Output Voltage Accuracy over Temperature
- Integrated 16-Bit ADC and 12-Bit DAC
- Integrated High Side Current Sense Amplifier
- Internal EEPROM and Fault Logging
- Integrated N-Channel MOSFET Gate Drivers
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 24V
- VOUT Range: 0.5V to 5.5V
- Analog Current Mode Control Loop
- Accurate PolyPhase® Current Sharing for Up to 6 Phases
- Auto Calibration of Inductor DCR
- Available in a 32-Lead (5mm × 5mm) QFN Package
The LTC®3883/LTC3883-1 are PolyPhase capable DC/DC synchronous step-down switching regulator controllers with a PMBus compliant serial interface. The controllers use a constant frequency, current mode architecture that is supported by the LTPowerPlay™ software development tool with graphical user interface (GUI).
Switching frequency, output voltage, and device address can be programmed using external configuration resistors. Additionally, parameters can be set via the digital interface or stored in on-chip EEPROM.
The LTC3883/LTC3883-1 can be configured for Burst Mode® operation, discontinuous (pulse-skipping) mode or continuous inductor current mode. The LTC3883 incorporates an internal 5V linear regulator while the LTC3883-1 uses an external 5V supply for minimum power loss.
The LTC3883/LTC3883-1 are available in a 32-lead 5mm × 5mm QFN package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1778A-A||LTC3883EUH Demo Board | 6.5V < VIN < 24V; 0.5V < VOUT < 5V @ 20A, with RSENSE Current Sense||$175.00|
|DC1778A-B||LTC3883EUH Demo Board | 6.5V < VIN < 24V; 0.5V < VOUT < 5V @ 20A, with DCR Current Sense||$175.00|
- High Current Distributed Power Systems
- Telecom Systems
- Intelligent Energy Efficient Power Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3880 - Dual Output PolyPhase Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Digital Power System Management
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
- LTM2883 - SPI/Digital or I2C μModule Isolator with Adjustable ±12.5V and 5V Regulated Power
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC2978 - Octal Digital Power Supply Manager with EEPROM
- LTC2945 - Wide Range I2C Power Monitor
- LTC2974 - 4-Channel PMBus Power System Manager Featuring Accurate Output Current Measurement
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT8300 - 100VIN Micropower Isolated Flyback Converter with 150V/260mA Switch
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV