LTC3875 - Dual, 2-Phase, Synchronous Controller with Low Value DCR Sensing and Temperature Compensation
- Low Value DCR Current Sensing
- Programmable DCR Temperature Compensation
- ±0.5% 0.6V Output Voltage Accuracy
- Dual True Remote Sensing Differential Amplifiers
- Optional Fast Transient Operation
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency 250kHz to 720kHz
- Dual, 180° Phased Controllers Reduce Required Input Capacitance and Power Supply Induced Noise
- Dual N-Channel MOSFET Synchronous Drive
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 38V Operation
- Output Voltage Range with Low DCR: 0.6V to 3.5V, without Low DCR: 0.6V to 5V
- Adjustable Soft-Start Current Ramping or Tracking
- Foldback Output Current Limiting
- Clock Input and Output for Up to 12-Phase Operation
- Short-Circuit Soft Recovery
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- 40-Lead QFN Package
The LTC®3875 is a dual output current mode synchronous step-down DC/DC controller that drives all N-channel synchronous power MOSFET stages. It employs a unique architecture which enhances the signal-to-noise ratio of the current sense signal, allowing the use of very low DC resistance power inductors to maximize the efficiency in high current applications. This feature also reduces the switching jitter commonly found in low DCR applications.
The LTC3875 features two high speed remote sense differential amplifiers, programmable current sense limits from 10mV to 30mV and DCR temperature compensation to limit the maximum output current precisely over temperature.
A unique thermal balancing function adjusts per phase current in order to minimize the thermal stress for multichip single output applications. The LTC3875 also features a precise 0.6V reference with guaranteed accuracy of ±0.5% that provides an accurate output voltage from 0.6V to 3.5V. A 4.5V to 38V input voltage range allows it to support a wide variety of bus voltages. The LTC3875 is available in a low profile 40-lead 6mm × 6mm QFN package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2000A||LTC3875EUJ Demo Board | 4.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V; VOUT1 = 1.0V @ 30A, VOUT2 = 1.5V @ 30A||Contact Factory|
|DC2055A||LTC3875EUJ Demo Board | 4.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V; VOUT: 1V @ 120A||Contact Factory|
|DC2142A||LTC3875EUJ/LTC3874IUFD Demo Board | 4.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V; VOUT: 1V @ 120A||Contact Factory|
- Servers and Instruments
- Telecom Systems
- DC Power Distribution Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTM4676 - Dual 13A or Single 26A μModule Regulator with Digital Power System Management
- LTC3880 - Dual Output PolyPhase Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Digital Power System Management
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LTC3774 - Dual, Multiphase Current Mode Synchronous Controller for Sub-Milliohm DCR Sensing
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: