LTC3874 - PolyPhase Step-Down Synchronous Slave Controller with Sub-Milliohm DCR Sensing
- Phase Extender for High Phase Count Voltage Rails
- Accurate Phase-to-Phase Current Sharing
- Sub-Milliohm DCR Current Sensing
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency 250kHz to 1MHz
- Immediate Response to Master IC's Fault
- Up to 12 Phase Operation
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 38V
- VOUT Up to 5.5V
- Proprietary Current Mode Control Loop
- Programmable CCM/DCM Operation
- Programmable Phase Shift Control
- Dual N-Channel MOSFET Gate Drivers
- 28-Lead (4mm × 5mm) QFN Package
The LTC®3874 is a dual PolyPhase® current mode synchronous step-down slave controller. It enables high current, multi-phase applications when paired with a companion master controller by extending the phase count. Compatible master controllers include the LTC3866, LTC3875 and LTC3774. The LTC3874 employs a unique architecture that enhances the signal-to-noise ratio of the current sense signal, allowing the use of sub-milliohm DC resistance power inductors to maximize efficiency while reducing switching jitter. Its peak current mode architecture allows for accurate phase to phase current sharing even for dynamic loads.
Effectively working with a master controller, the LTC3874 supports all the programmable features as well as fault protection. The constant operating frequency can be synchronized to an external clock or linearly programmed from 250KHz to 1MHz.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- High Current Distributed Power Systems
- Telecom, Datacom, and Storage Systems
- Intelligent Energy Efficient Power Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3638 - High Efficiency, 140V 250mA Step-Down Regulator
- LTC3639 - High Efficiency, 150V 100mA Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8710 - Synchronous SEPIC/ Inverting/Boost Controller with Output Current Control
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LTC2943 - Multicell Battery Gas Gauge with Temperature, Voltage and Current Measurement
- LT8612 - 42V, 6A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 3μA Quiescent Current
- LT8302 - 42VIN Micropower No-Opto Isolated Flyback Converter with 65V/3.6A Switch
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: