LTC3870-1 - PolyPhase Step-Down Slave Controller for Digital Power System Management
- LTC3887-1 Phase Extender
- Operates with Power Blocks, DrMOS or External Gate Drivers and MOSFETs
- Cascade with Multiple Chips for Very Large Current Applications
- Accurate PolyPhase Current Sharing
- EXTVCC Capable of 5V to 14V Input
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 60V
- Wide Output Voltage Range : 0.5V to 14V
- Wide SYNC Frequency Range: 100kHz to 1MHz
- Pin Programmable CCM/DCM Operation
- Pin Programmable Phase-Shift Control
- Available in a 24-Pin (4mm × 4mm) QFN Package
The LTC®3870-1 is a PolyPhase® step-down slave controller specially designed for multiphase operation with LTC's digital power system management DC/DC controllers. It provides a small and cost effective solution for supplying very large currents by cascading it with a LTC3887-1 controller. A peak current mode architecture provides the LTC3870-1 with excellent current sharing from phase to phase and from chip to chip.
Coherently working with the LTC3887-1, the LTC3870-1 does not require additional I2C addresses, and it supports all programmable features as well as fault protection. The constant switching frequency can be synchronized to an external clock from the LTC3887-1 over a range of 100kHz to 1MHz.
|Onboard MOSFET Gate Drivers||Package|
|LTC3870-1||No – Works with DrMOS and Power Blocks||4x4 QFN-24|
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2454A||LTC3887EUJ-1/LTC3870EUF-1 Demo Board | Dual Phase PMBus Buck Controller with Slave Controller, 7V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V, 0.8V ≤ VOUT ≤ 1.8V @ 100A||Contact Factory|
- High Power Distributed Power Systems
- Telecom Systems
- Industrial Applications
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3886 - 60V Dual Output Step-Down Controller with Digital Power System Management
- LTC3870 - PolyPhase Step-Down Slave Controller for Digital Power System Management
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT8640/LT8640-1 - 42V, 5A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3892 - 60V Low IQ, Dual, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LTC3890 - 60V Low IQ, Dual, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.