LTC3867 - Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Differential Remote Sense and Nonlinear Control
- VIN Range: 4V to 38V
- VOUT Range: 0.6V to 14V
- Nonlinear Control Architecture Minimizes Output Transient Excursions (Optional)
- Programmable DCR Temperature Compensation
- ±0.75% 0.6V Voltage Reference
- Fixed Frequency Range of 200kHz to 1.2MHz
- PLL Frequency Synchronization
- RSENSE or DCR Current Sensing
- Differential Remote Output Voltage Sense
- Supports Smooth Start-Up into Pre-Biased Outputs
- Programmable Soft-Start or VOUT Tracking
- Hiccup Mode/Soft Recovery from Output Overcurrent
- 24-Lead (4mm × 4mm) QFN Package
The LTC®3867 is a current mode synchronous step-down switching regulator controller that drives all N-channel power MOSFET stages. Output voltage transient excursions are minimized by use of a nonlinear control architecture to eliminate clock latency issues.
The maximum current sense voltage is programmable from 30mV to 75mV, allowing the use of either a discrete sense resistor or the inductor DCR as the sensing element. Programmable DCR temperature compensation allows constant current limit regardless of inductor temperature. Programmable inductor temperature-based thermal shutdown protects the power components from thermal stress. Soft recovery from output shorts or overcurrent minimizes output overshoot.
The LTC3867 features a precision 0.6V reference and can regulate output voltages up to 14V from a wide 4V to 38V input supply range. The LTC3867 includes a high speed differential remote sense amplifier. Burst Mode® operation, continuous and pulse-skipping modes are supported. The LTC3867 is available in a 24-lead (4mm × 4mm) QFN package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1771A||LTC3867EUF Demo Board | 4.5 ≤ VIN ≤ 14V, VOUT = 1.5V @ 15A||$125.00|
|DC1928A||LTC3867EUF Demo Board | 18V ≤ Vin ≤ 36V; Vout = 12V @ 12A||$150.00|
- Automotive Systems
- Telecom Systems
- Industrial Equipment
- Distributed DC Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3891 - Low IQ, 60V Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3864 - 60V Low IQ Step-Down DC/DC Controller with 100% Duty Cycle Capability
- LTC3879 - Fast, Wide Operating Range No RSENSE Step-Down Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3741/LT3741-1 - High Power, Constant Current, Constant Voltage, Step-Down Controller
- LTC3878 - Fast, Wide Operating Range No RSENSE Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
The LTpowerCAD II design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: IIf LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: