LTC3866 - Current Mode Synchronous Controller for Sub Milliohm DCR Sensing
- Sub Milliohm DCR Current Sensing
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- Selectable Current Sensing Limit
- Programmable DCR Temperature Compensation
- Die Overtemperature Thermal Shutdown
- ± 0.5% 0.6V Output Voltage Accuracy
- Programmable Fixed Frequency 250kHz to 770kHz
- High Speed Differential Remote Sense Amplifier
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 38V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.6V to 3.5V with Diffamp
- Adjustable Soft-Start or Output Voltage Tracking
- Foldback Output Current Limit
- Short-Circuit Soft Recovery
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- 24-Lead (4mm × 4mm) QFN and 24-Lead FE Packages
The LTC®3866 is a single phase current mode synchronous step-down switching regulator controller that drives all N-channel power MOSFET switches. It employs a unique architecture which enhances the signal-to-noise ratio of the current sense signal, allowing the use of a very low DC resistance power inductor to maximize the efficiency in high current applications. This feature also reduces the switching jitter commonly found in low DCR applications. The LTC3866 also includes a high speed remote sense differential amplifier, a programmable current sense limit that can be selected to 10mV, 15mV, 20mV, 25mV or 30mV, and DCR temperature compensation to limit the maximum output current precisely over temperature.
The LTC3866 also features a precise 0.6V reference with a guaranteed limit of ±0.5% that provides an accurate output voltage from 0.6V to 3.5V. A 4.5V to 38V input voltage range allows it to support a wide variety of bus voltages and various types of batteries.
The LTC3866 is offered in a low profile 24-lead 4mm × 4mm QFN and 24-lead exposed pad FE packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1829A||LTC3866EUF Demo Board VIN = 4.5V to 14V, VOUT = 1.5V @ 30A||$150.00|
- Computer Systems
- Telecom Systems
- Industrial and Medical Instruments
- DC Power Distribution Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: