LTC3866 - Current Mode Synchronous Controller for Sub Milliohm DCR Sensing
- Sub Milliohm DCR Current Sensing
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- Selectable Current Sensing Limit
- Programmable DCR Temperature Compensation
- Die Overtemperature Thermal Shutdown
- ± 0.5% 0.6V Output Voltage Accuracy
- Programmable Fixed Frequency 250kHz to 770kHz
- High Speed Differential Remote Sense Amplifier
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 38V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.6V to 3.5V with Diffamp
- Adjustable Soft-Start or Output Voltage Tracking
- Foldback Output Current Limit
- Short-Circuit Soft Recovery
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- 24-Lead (4mm × 4mm) QFN and 24-Lead FE Packages
The LTC®3866 is a single phase current mode synchronous step-down switching regulator controller that drives all N-channel power MOSFET switches. It employs a unique architecture which enhances the signal-to-noise ratio of the current sense signal, allowing the use of a very low DC resistance power inductor to maximize the efficiency in high current applications. This feature also reduces the switching jitter commonly found in low DCR applications. The LTC3866 also includes a high speed remote sense differential amplifier, a programmable current sense limit that can be selected to 10mV, 15mV, 20mV, 25mV or 30mV, and DCR temperature compensation to limit the maximum output current precisely over temperature.
The LTC3866 also features a precise 0.6V reference with a guaranteed limit of ±0.5% that provides an accurate output voltage from 0.6V to 3.5V. A 4.5V to 38V input voltage range allows it to support a wide variety of bus voltages and various types of batteries.
The LTC3866 is offered in a low profile 24-lead 4mm × 4mm QFN and 24-lead exposed pad FE packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1829A||LTC3866EUF Demo Board VIN = 4.5V to 14V, VOUT = 1.5V @ 30A||Contact Factory|
- Computer Systems
- Telecom Systems
- Industrial and Medical Instruments
- DC Power Distribution Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC4415 - Dual 4A Ideal Diodes with Adjustable Current Limit
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV