LTC3865/LTC3865-1 - Dual, 2-Phase Synchronous DC/DC Controller with Pin Selectable Outputs
- Dual, 180° Phased Controllers
- 2-Pin VID Output Voltage Programming from 0.6V to 5V
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- RSENSE or DCR Current Sensing
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency 250kHz to 770kHz
- Adjustable Current Limit
- Dual N-Channel MOSFET Synchronous Drive
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 38V Operation
- Adjustable Soft-Start Current Ramping or Tracking
- Output OV Protection With Reverse Current Limit
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- 32-Pin 5mm × 5mm QFN and 38-Lead TSSOP Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3865/LTC3865-1 are high performance dual synchronous step-down DC/DC switching regulator controllers that drive all N-channel synchronous power MOSFET stages. A constant frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable frequency of up to 770kHz. Power loss and noise are minimized by operating the two controller output stages out of phase.
OPTI-LOOP® compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. Independent track/soft-start pins for each controller ramp the output voltage during start-up. Current foldback limits MOSFET heat dissipation during short-circuit conditions. The MODE/PLLIN pin selects among Burst Mode® operation, pulse-skipping mode, and continuous inductor current mode. The output voltages can be precisely programmed by pin strapping or external resistors.
The LTC3865/LTC3865-1 are available in low profile (5mm × 5mm) 32-pin QFN and 38-Lead thermally enhanced TSSOP packages.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1479A||LTC3865EUH Demo Board | 4.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V, VOUT1 = 1.5V @ 15A, VOUT2 =1.2V @ 15A||Contact Factory|
|DC1480A||LTC3865EUH-1 Demo Board | 4.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V, VOUT1 = 3.3V @ 5A, VOUT2 =1.8V @ 5A||Contact Factory|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- DC Power Distribution Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3890 - 60V Low IQ, Dual, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3891 - Low IQ, 60V Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTC3780 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3748 - 100V Isolated Flyback Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: