LTC3864 - 60V Low IQ Step-Down DC/DC Controller with 100% Duty Cycle Capability
- Wide Operating VIN Range: 3.5V to 60V
- Wide VOUT Range: 0.8V to VIN
- Low Operating IQ = 40μA
- Very Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Strong High Voltage MOSFET Gate Driver
- Constant Frequency Current Mode Architecture
- Verified FMEA for Adjacent Pin Open/Short
- Selectable High Efficiency Burst Mode® Operation or Pulse-Skipping Mode at Light Loads
- Programmable Fixed Frequency: 50kHz to 850kHz
- Phase-Lockable Frequency: 75kHz to 750kHz
- Accurate Current Limit
- Programmable Soft-Start or Voltage Tracking
- Internal Soft-Start Guarantees Smooth Start-Up
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Low Shutdown IQ = 7μA
- Available in Small 12-Pin Thermally Enhanced MSOP and DFN Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC®3864 is a robust, high voltage step-down DC/DC controller optimized for automotive and industrial applications. It drives a P-channel power MOSFET switch allowing 100% duty cycle operation. The wide input and output voltage ranges cover a multitude of applications. This device has been verified with the failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) procedure for operation during failure conditions.
The LTC3864 offers excellent light load efficiency, drawing only 40μA quiescent current in a user programmable Burst Mode operation. Its peak current mode, constant frequency PWM architecture provides for good control of switching frequency and output current limit. The switching frequency can be programmed from 50kHz to 850kHz with an external resistor and can be synchronized to an external clock from 75kHz to 750kHz.
The LTC3864 offers programmable soft-start or output tracking. Safety features include overvoltage protection, overcurrent and short-circuit protection including frequency foldback and a power good output signal.
The LTC3864 is available in thermally enhanced 12-Pin MSOP and 3mm × 4mm DFN packages.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1722A||LTC3864EMSE Demo Board | 5.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 55V; VOUT = 5V @ 2A||$100.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Industrial and Automotive Power Supplies
- Telecom Power Supplies
- Distributed Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3824 - High Voltage Step-Down Controller With 40µA Quiescent Current
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC3810 - 100V Current Mode Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC3891 - Low IQ, 60V Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LTC3703 - 100V Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: