LTC3864 - 60V Low IQ Step-Down DC/DC Controller with 100% Duty Cycle Capability
- Wide Operating VIN Range: 3.5V to 60V
- Wide VOUT Range: 0.8V to VIN
- Low Operating IQ = 40µA
- Very Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Strong High Voltage MOSFET Gate Driver
- Constant Frequency Current Mode Architecture
- Verified FMEA for Adjacent Pin Open/Short
- Selectable High Efficiency Burst Mode® Operation or Pulse-Skipping Mode at Light Loads
- Programmable Fixed Frequency: 50kHz to 850kHz
- Phase-Lockable Frequency: 75kHz to 750kHz
- Accurate Current Limit
- Programmable Soft-Start or Voltage Tracking
- Internal Soft-Start Guarantees Smooth Start-Up
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Low Shutdown IQ = 7µA
- Available in Small 12-Pin Thermally Enhanced MSOP and DFN Packages
The LTC3864 is a robust, high voltage step-down DC/DC controller optimized for automotive and industrial applications. It drives a P-channel power MOSFET switch allowing 100% duty cycle operation. The wide input and output voltage ranges cover a multitude of applications. This device has been verified with the failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) procedure for operation during failure conditions.
The LTC3864 offers excellent light load efficiency, drawing only 40µA quiescent current in a user programmable Burst Mode operation. Its peak current mode, constant frequency PWM architecture provides for good control of switching frequency and output current limit. The switching frequency can be programmed from 50kHz to 850kHz with an external resistor and can be synchronized to an external clock from 75kHz to 750kHz.
The LTC3864 offers programmable soft-start or output tracking. Safety features include overvoltage protection, overcurrent and short-circuit protection including frequency foldback and a power good output signal.
The LTC3864 is available in thermally enhanced 12-Pin MSOP and 3mm × 4mm DFN packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1722A||LTC3864EMSE Demo Board | 3.5V < VIN < 55V; VOUT =||Contact Factory|
- Industrial and Automotive Power Supplies
- Telecom Power Supplies
- Distributed Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTM4641 - 38V, 10A DC/DC µModule Regulator with Advanced Input and Load Protection
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LTC3824 - High Voltage Step-Down Controller With 40µA Quiescent Current
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV