LTC3863 - 60V Low IQ Inverting DC/DC Controller
- Wide Operating VIN Range: 3.5V to 60V
- Wide Negative VOUT Range: –0.4V to Beyond –150V
- Low Operating IQ = 70μA
- Strong High Voltage MOSFET Gate Driver
- Constant Frequency Current Mode Architecture
- Verified FMEA for Adjacent Pin Open/Short
- Selectable High Efficiency Burst Mode® Operation or Pulse-Skipping Mode at Light Loads
- Programmable Fixed Frequency: 50kHz to 850kHz
- Phase-Lockable Frequency: 75kHz to 750kHz
- Accurate Current Limit
- Programmable Soft-Start or Voltage Tracking
- Internal Soft-Start Guarantees Smooth Start-Up
- Low Shutdown IQ = 7μA
- Available in Small 12-Lead Thermally Enhanced MSOP and DFN Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC®3863 is a robust, inverting DC/DC PMOS controller optimized for automotive and industrial applications. It drives a P-channel power MOSFET to generate a negative output and requires just a single inductor to complete the circuit. Output voltages from –0.4V to –150V are typically achievable with higher voltages possible, only limited by external components.
The LTC3863 offers excellent light load efficiency, drawing only 70μA quiescent current in a user programmable Burst Mode operation. Its peak current mode, constant frequency PWM architecture provides for good control of switching frequency and output current limit. The switching frequency can be programmed from 50kHz to 850kHz with an external resistor and can be synchronized to an external clock from 75kHz to 750kHz.
The LTC3863 offers programmable soft-start or output tracking. Safety features include overvoltage, overcurrent and short-circuit protection including frequency foldback.
The LTC3863 is available in thermally enhanced 12-lead MSOP and 3mm × 4mm DFN packages.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1737A||LTC3863EMSE Demo Board | 4.5V-16V; Vout = -5.2V @ 1.7A or -12V @ 1A||$125.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Industrial and Automotive Power Supplies
- Telecom Power Supplies
- Distributed Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3958 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Converter
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LT3759 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT8710 - Synchronous SEPIC/ Inverting/Boost Controller with Output Current Control
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: